1.7.9 Compass (barometer) Error Fixed! (When Downgrading) 1.5.7 Fix also?

Reaction score
I know some have the Errors when downgrading to 1.7.9...
Your fix is here..
P3S P3/4K Downgradable ALL the WAY back Confirmed Working!!! UPDATE "Sensor error" FIXED!!
The 1.7.9 error is a 100% working fix!
I am still working on the 1.5.7 error.. 1.5.75 does not work??
This may be the Fix for the Compass errors in 1.5.7 for some...
Remember Downgrade to 1.5.7 and then Debug 1.5.7 then update to 1.574..
Possible update to 1.5.75 after...
P3C_FW_V01.05.0074.bin

I am looking for someone to confirm :)
Thanks, everyone!!

Last edited:
Hi there, I'm a newbie and I'm from Indonesia. So, I apologize for my bad English...
As far as I know, 1.7.94 does fix "compass and barometer error" of 1.7.9 when downgrading from 1.8.1.
I've also managed to downgrade further to 1.6.8 by following your instructions. My problem is, when I try to downgrade 1.5.7, I have "gimbal gyroscope error" message and my gimbal becomes limp. The only fix is to upgrade all the way up to 1.8.10.
Now I'm back to square one....

Hi there, I'm a newbie and I'm from Indonesia. So, I apologize for my bad English...
As far as I know, 1.7.94 does fix "compass and barometer error" of 1.7.9 when downgrading from 1.8.1.
I've also managed to downgrade further to 1.6.8 by following your instructions. My problem is, when I try to downgrade 1.5.7, I have "gimbal gyroscope error" message and my gimbal becomes limp. The only fix is to upgrade all the way up to 1.8.10.
Now I'm back to square one....
I have not tackled the gimbal issues... I have found a few more F/w versions.. There may be a fix in them for it.. But the process is not known yet... I see some resolve it with further downgrade.... 1.2.X maybe further... I will look into it? Maybe you can help me? 1.5.75 or .74 may be a fix for you? Use them in the same way as the 1.7.94 fix..

I've tried 1.5.75 but the it doesn't work. Haven't got chance to try 74 yet, but I'll give it a try this weekend. Thanks

Great no rush ... :)
Hi there again...
Today I finally have tried the 1.5.74. As previously mentioned, when I flash 1.5.70, gimbal gyroscope error message occurred. Redone 70 with debug, flashed 74 followed by 75, but still no result.. My gimbal was still limped. I then update straight to 1.8.10 and my gimbal is back alive.

I know some have the Errors when downgrading to 1.7.9...
Your fix is here..
P3S P3/4K Downgradable ALL the WAY back Confirmed Working!!! UPDATE "Sensor error" FIXED!!
The 1.7.9 error is a 100% working fix!
I am still working on the 1.5.7 error.. 1.5.75 does not work??
This may be the Fix for the Compass errors in 1.5.7 for some...
Remember Downgrade to 1.5.7 and then Debug 1.5.7 then update to 1.574..
Possible update to 1.5.75 after...
P3C_FW_V01.05.0074.bin

I am looking for someone to confirm :)
Thanks, everyone!!

No success..... I've made it to 1.5.74, but I still get the barometer error. I can't update to 1.5.75 because it says "The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.". I've also tried 1.5.74 + DEBUG, then 1.5.75, but same error message.... So I can't downgrade to 1.5.7 without barometer error??? :-(

No success..... I've made it to 1.5.74, but I still get the barometer error. I can't update to 1.5.75 because it says "The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.". I've also tried 1.5.74 + DEBUG, then 1.5.75, but same error message.... So I can't downgrade to 1.5.7 without barometer error??? :-(
:( :( I have One "last ditch effort" Again this could not work... 1.7.94 is 8meg... It only fixes barometer error?? It does not change most other F/w Modules... It may fix 1.5.7 error also?? Leaving 1.5.7+
It may be a fix it ... ;)

Hi there again...
Today I finally have tried the 1.5.74. As previously mentioned, when I flash 1.5.70, gimbal gyroscope error message occurred. Redone 70 with debug, flashed 74 followed by 75, but still no result.. My gimbal was still limped. I then update straight to 1.8.10 and my gimbal is back alive.
A further downgrade may fix limp gimbal issues ;) 1.2.X

:( :( I have One "last ditch effort" Again this could not work... 1.7.94 is 8meg... It only fixes barometer error?? It does not change most other F/w Modules... It may fix 1.5.7 error also?? Leaving 1.5.7+
It may be a fix it ... ;)

Good idea! :) Maybe I will try it sometime....... Or someone else could try it and post the result here. :)

(repost) I have said that they need to be written "HERE" as they become formally Known... In my Methods mentioned in "Downgrade post"
I have Seen many methods tried?? No brick on any?? I myself Have skipped ALL versions On a P3P.. I with No issue... Which I still have not suggested... I don't Want "YOU BRICKED MY DRONE" POSTED :( That has not happened with MY method :) But My "Last Ditch Effort" Does have one "Dig deeper" Ken !!!
That would be to debug whatever working F/w on the drone now... Skip all F/W... run 1.5.7 pass or fall then debug it... Please remember.. Although the P3S seems hardest to brick out of all P3's
It is possible :(
1.7.9 Compass (barometer) Error Fixed! (When Downgrading) 1.5.7 Fix also?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj