P3S crashed. Need opinion to repair/sell as parts?

Reaction score
This is my first P3S and it was crashed from 30 feet above when it hit the tree branches. I managed to replace the gimbal and the cable. After putting everything back, the gimbal shakes left/right like craze and I have gimbal overload error message. I verified the motor shaft level and the installation seems to be correct (I took pictures before replaced the cable)

She can still fly and transmit picture to my iPhone. I managed to disconnect the cable and use tape to fix the camera but the picture is NOT as stabilized as before.

My questions are:

1. Is camera shaking compensated automatically by the working gimbal?
2. Does it make sense to spend $200+ to replace the gimbal with the camera?
3. Is it possible to put GoPro3/4 to replace the existing gimbal with camera?

Many thanks,

slao8880

Check this grub screw too:

Is camera shaking compensated automatically by the working gimbal?
The gimbal's job is to keep the camera steady. However, your camera should not be shaking around while your Phantom is sitting on the ground. If it is, you have some kind of hardware issue that needs to be repaired.

Does it make sense to spend $200+ to replace the gimbal with the camera?
Replacing the gimbal/camera will be the easiest route, but most issues can be fixed for less than the cost of a new replacement. If you're not able to resolve the issue on your own, try contacting a Phantom repair shop for help.

Is it possible to put GoPro3/4 to replace the existing gimbal with camera?
No.

msinger:
Thank you very much! Yes, I checked the screw and I think I might have the damaged PCB.

Hi... anybody can help me what is the name of the part inside the P3 shell thats mounts the MC board. This parts has 4 studs that hold the MC... Mine. 2 studs broken. So the MC a bit shacky inside the body...

You can get it here on Amazon or from DJI. If those options don't work for you, then check with a nearby DJI dealer.

If you want to use the new motors, you'll need to replace all four motors and get the new version of the center board.

Yes. 2312A is the new motor model.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1471630960.647754.jpg

Msinger...
I found this motor at online dealer... Is this motor suitable. The actual motor on my p3A has nothing written such information on it.

That's not the right motor. You want this one (part #8).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl