P3Pro prop noise

If your considering applying a silicone compound to the props I’m going to say no. Is your car noticeably quieter when you polish it?

Wondering if applied to prop blades would damp airflow turbulence...

No afraid not. A redesign of the prop (most likely at the tip area which is causing the noise to begin with) is the only solution or running a much larger diameter prop more slowly which will not work with the current configuration due to blade to blade conflict.

Dampening "Turbulence" would also negatively affect the LIFT being generated by the props. Anything you "add" to the propeller is going to have significant effects on performance and most likely in a negative manner.

They'll be no effect one way or other.
Starting with my CP-helis I have done this to ease the removal of bug guts (aerosol liquid, not RTV types).
Spray on rag, wipe down leading edges. Makes clean-up nearly effortless.

Reactions: BigAl07
Starting with my CP-helis I have done this to ease the removal of bug guts (aerosol liquid, not RTV types).

I just use plastic wax for that. Works good.

I thought the OP meant something more like silicone sealant to act as a damper. DUH on my part there.

Yes silicone spray will not affect it at all but be careful.. some lubricants can break down plastics....

I thought the OP meant something more like silicone sealant to act as a damper. DUH on my part there.

Yes silicone spray will not affect it at all but be careful.. some lubricants can break down plastics....
Maybe he did???
Funny, my first thought was the spray lube cause I've done it I guess.

Maybe he did???
Funny, my first thought was the spray lube cause I've done it I guess.
I'd bet your assumption is more likely to be accurate LOL.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic