p3pro error of 30m and 50m on screen.

Reaction score
i went to fly my p3pro tonight and when took off all was normal, then a red box showed up on my screen that said something to the effect of "your flight altitude and distance have been limited to 30 meters and 50 meters. please try again after restarting. do not fly out of these range"". i have not updated to the latest firmware due to all bad things i have heard about it so never updated it from the last version i have been using for a while with no errors or messages like this. never have ever seen this before. kinda scared me cause i thought something is wrong. i changed batteries and restarted with same error. so i went ahead and flew past these new limits to see what happen. all was ok, but the error screen showed back up on screen. i landed and thought i would ask before flying it again just in case. any ideas?????? i do not wanna upgrade the firmware if i dont have too due to it works so well in the past. let me know. the bird version is 1.10.90, controller is v1.8.0 and dji go app is version 3.1.15. something else is that the controller has a red flashing light and beeps but works ok. never done this before eighter. i know probably pilot error but dont know how to fix it.

i just found out that the iphone updated the dji go app by its self to the latest version of dji go app. how can i go back to prev version?

I have the same problem. And I'm also a user of the IOS-app. In another discussions (on DJI.com) where also a lot of people who have the same problem. So, it seems to be a problem of the IOS-app. I don't expect that you have to wait for a long time for an app update.

You could just log out and log back in to remove the limitations. If that doesn't work then uninstalling and reinstalling should fix it.
There are other threads explained how to downgrade your app, not sure if it's possible on ios

same thing here 30-50 limits worked well with 3 1 13 3 1 15 is where i have the problem how to get earlier version (using i pad) tried signing out and back in reinstalled app and still same warning box, Thanks dji! Absolutely staying with litchi and its minor flaws. dji updates can and will cause you problems! I have better things to do with my time than chase old versions of apps. ridiculous!!!!!

Last edited:
the only way to downgrade iOS app is if you A: jailbreak your stuff and download a unsigned app, not recommended, OR use Charles proxy and download a older version to your iTunes locally so you have it, I've done it and it works great. just do a google search on it and it will show you how, note+ you need a specific version of charles proxy and iTunes to do it, it involves changing a version number and interrupting the download with Charles and replacing the version with the one you want, and bam its signed to your itunes account and it will work with a drag and drop sync on your phone or iPad. etc...

Attachments

• dji.jpg
    dji.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 1,187
I had this happen yesterday. Didn't realize the updates had made the look no bad, was out 6000 meters up a canyon in the mountains when it disconnected. First return to home I had to do. Worked out fine but was biting nails for about 5 minutes until I could hear my bird coming in..... I relinked and logged in and out. Will do a test flight soon.

Did the test flight. Fixed the disconnect issue, but the warning still came up. In all I did two flights, one out 6,000' distance and another out 10,000 with no issues. Consider the bird flying fine now, the warning is annoying though.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj