Reaction score
Hello,

I've just recently installed the HDMI module on my Phantom 3 Pro controller and are having some issues with my live feed. After installing the upgrade, I then connected my 10" lumenier field monitor to my controller via HDMI cable. I plan to use this monitor as a second viewing device for others to see what is going on. I also use a 10" Sony Xperia tablet as my viewing monitor, which is also connected to the module via usb cable. So my problem is that the live feed to my tablet is now lagging really bad and the screen cuts in and out. It's like sometimes the feed will seem fine and then all of a sudden black and purple streaks will disrupt the picture on my tablet making it almost impossible to control. On the other hand, my second viewing monitor, which is connected via the HDMI cable, has no problems at all. The live feed is smooth and continuous throughout the whole flight. So if anyone has any suggestions on what I can do to get my live feed back to normal I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

I believe you have not plugged the ribbon cables fully in. Check again. Handle with care.

First check, don't connect on HDMI port, use USB port only and check the performance. Next connect device on HDMI port and try.

Did you see a message on your rc to reinstall RC FW?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I believe you have not plugged the ribbon cables fully in. Check again. Handle with care.

First check, don't connect on HDMI port, use USB port only and check the performance. Next connect device on HDMI port and try.

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely recheck that I plugged the cables in all the way. As to your question about seeing a message to reinstall RC FW, no I do not remember seeing such a message. Thanks again.

I've had the exact same issue. When I install the HDMI module, I get screen blanking and recording resets to not recording of video. Reinstall the original USB only module, no issues!

I too have had broken/noisy images on the controlling device, while the hdmi feed is flawless. This at a range of 2 m.

Hello,

I've just recently installed the HDMI module on my Phantom 3 Pro controller and are having some issues with my live feed. After installing the upgrade, I then connected my 10" lumenier field monitor to my controller via HDMI cable. I plan to use this monitor as a second viewing device for others to see what is going on. I also use a 10" Sony Xperia tablet as my viewing monitor, which is also connected to the module via usb cable. So my problem is that the live feed to my tablet is now lagging really bad and the screen cuts in and out. It's like sometimes the feed will seem fine and then all of a sudden black and purple streaks will disrupt the picture on my tablet making it almost impossible to control. On the other hand, my second viewing monitor, which is connected via the HDMI cable, has no problems at all. The live feed is smooth and continuous throughout the whole flight. So if anyone has any suggestions on what I can do to get my live feed back to normal I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Is the issue resolved now?

Hello,

Thanks in advance.
I'm having very similar issues after installing an HDMI module. How did you solved the issue?

What RC firmware, and what mobile device do you have? I installed the HDMI card. It then it said "upgrade required" for RC. So I let it upgrade from RC 1.6.0 (which was working perfectly with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2). As soon as I upgraded to RC 1.8.0 the Tablet video was unusable - like a weak digital TV station. The HDMI output was perfect.

This started a month of work and stress for me. DJI told me how to downgrade back to 1.6.0. This caused the whole system to brick. Nothing would work then so I sent it back to DJI, and asked for RC 1.6.0 again. They replaced the RC main board, and sent it back with 1.8.0. Then I had the same problem - worthless video on the tablet. Calling DJI again, now they tell me that the Samsung Tab S2 (Samsung's latest and fastest 8 core processor flagship device) was not an approved mobile device. Yet I have been flying for over 10 months with it working perfectly.

Then I borrowed an ipad air 2 and did the rollback to 1.6.0 and then my Galaxy works perfectly again and my HDMI output works perfectly too. Obviously there is a problem with the RC 1.8.0 for Android, AND also a problem with the DJI rollback software for Android. I am perfectly happy with the performance of my DJI P3Pro using my very bright, very fast, and rich color Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7" display.

Just before this all happened, I had just finished 6 weeks of flying, camping and Jeeping in Colorado. Most of the flights were between 12,000 and 13,300 feet AMSL - always within 400 feet of the ground. All flights were perfect!

I hope this BAD experience may help you. I hope DJI will extend testing with Samsung's new Flagship Tablet the "Galaxy Tab S2".

Joe
KC7GHT

I can confirm the problem exists with the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Note 10.1 2014 edition.

Maybe China doesn't like Korea.

App 3.1.1
RC @ 1.8.0.

It is an accumulating issue as it is clear for a while and progressively gets worse.

Is there a cheap confirmed 10 inch class tablet that works with HDMI 1.8?

Also, is there a source for just the ribbon cables that go to the board? And numbers to get the right ones?

Multiple RC (same HDMI board).

Hello,

Thanks in advance.
Foley, Alabama?

Agreed. Have you solved this issue? If not check your ribbon cables and make sure the white line on the ribbon is parallel with the plastic connector, the white line should be perfectly even through out.. If it's not then this will be an easy indication that the ribbon is not FULLY or correctly seated/ pressed into the connector.. The black plastic lock should go up and down fairly easy so if you have to force it your doing something wrong

hello everyone same problem here... any solution?

hdmi output video is ok... usb jerky/artifact video

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31