P3P Gimbal Crazy after Crash

Reaction score
After a crash, this is what my gimbal does. Both arms are cracked and need to be replaced. I did make sure the shaft lined up on the y arm sensor. I can order an arm replacement kit, but I don't want to spend $100 if it wont fix this problem as well.

In the Go App, I get a Gimbal overload alarm, and no signal is displayed.

Is it shot? or can it be repaired?

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Yes it can be repaired. If u have never done it, study the videos until u memorize the procedure. I have done a few but I totally screwed the first one.

Yep, I'd recommend Hunch for repair, probably the dreaded ribbon cable got damaged.

Welcome to the forum, Sparkchaser, sorry about your crash!

Reactions: LamboH
IMG_8705.JPG IMG_8706.JPG

two of the arms are broken.

I don't know how bad the crash was, I bought it this way from someone who didn't want to deal with it. I'm just trying to get it working with the least amount of money out of my pocket. I guess I'll start with replacing the arms.

Last edited:
Send it back to DJI it's going to be about $100-$160 bucks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just to follow up with everyone here. Today I discovered a Phantom repair genius lives not far from me.
Hani from UAV Repair Shop

After weighing my options I decided to try him out. I stopped in tonight thinking only that I would drop off my P3P, and he told me I could wait if I wanted and he would look at it right then. ( it is about and hour drive each way for me - so saving a trip was awesome alone). I then watched someone who truly knows his craft. He had the broken arms replaced in minutes, and discover the previous owner had done many things wrong. The Camera was 180 degrees out on its shaft, screws in the wrong places, and glue ona broken arm to motor. Once the arms were in, and camera back on correctly on its shaft, the crazy gimbal was gone. It started and moved perfectly. That was it with the movement problems.
Unfortunately we still had no video. After testing a new ribbon cable, and trying a different gimbal on the P3, it was evident that the main board in the gimbal was also bad. Good news, he had one left. Once a new board was installed, everything worked great. Hani didn't stop there though, He installed the gimbal back on the bird, and went ahead installing all the screws on the shell (I bought this in process of a shell change-without any screws. I had ordered some though) he looked over everything and made sure it was right.

Excellent Service. In and out I was there about an hour with a fully functional P3P in my hands when I left. I highly recommend his services when in need.

Sorry for your crash. İ have expreinced a crash and also my gimbal was like yours. But arms were not broken. İ dindnt sent it to dji and send it repair shop near to me. They fix it and now it is perfect as it should be.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl