P3P D/Loading .dat files

Quick question, are the .dat files stored on the sd card or does the P3P have a "blackbox" like the 4's and Mavic?

To my knowledge the Phantom 3 series drones do not have any internal memory at all. The 4 and Mavic definitely do though.

are the .dat files stored on the sd card or does the P3P have a "blackbox" like the 4's and Mavic?
The DAT files are stored on an SD card that's glued onto the P3P's center board.

I have tried to access the .dat files this way.
Plug micro USB into P3P, connect to USB in Computer, power on P3P ( it sees it and shows up in windows explorer )
Select DJI, all it shows is the DCIM Folder, ( which is empty as I have deleted videos & photos it since last flight )
Even tried connecting through Go App / Connect to USB function with the same results, DCIM Folder only.

I have no problem d/loading flight logs, will see if the .dat file are on the sd card next flight.

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

Try accessing the files like this.

Thank you, just d/loaded all the .dat files since I purchased the drone, worked perfectly, I was using the port on the side of the camera by mistake. One more thing can I delete the files on the P3P after d/loading them with no ill effect to the drone?

Your Phantom will not be harmed if those files are deleted. They are just flight log files.

Sorry one more question, are the .dat files stored on the monitoring device as well as the quad? I use a Crystal Sky 5.5" for my device, should a malfunction or flyaway occur will I be able to have .dat files available for analysis?
Thanks again

DAT files are only stored on the Phantom. The device that's running DJI GO (CrystalSky in your case) stores a TXT flight log. It doesn't contain as much data, but it's often enough information to help track down a missing Phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl