P3P compass, IMU, and GPS error...again

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Pilots,
I keep getting this annoying compass error during start up....I am not looking for tech help as I see that this is a common problem for the P3P. 2 days ago my GPS cut out and went into atti mode as well.
Anyways....I am just wondering if anyone has reported the problem to DJI and if they have sent a replacement compass or IMU unit so that we can fly without wondering if it’s the last flight! Loll...not really funny but..
Thanks.

I am not looking for tech help as I see that this is a common problem for the P3P.
This is an incorrect statement. It is not common at all, though it does happen and usually in area's with metallic objects nearby as far as the compass issue goes. As for the GPS, if there is anything interfering with reception this can happen. Both of these depend on where you are flying. Not so much for the GPS, but especially for the compass at the launch point.

Reactions: BillyBoy65 and Oso
I suggest find a nice clear farm field without power lines / buildings / trees ... get out there and power up with a full battery and see what errors you get then ...

It may even be an idea to take a spirit level and a board with you ... level the board and do full calibration IMU .. Compass etc. just in case ...

Too often as Fly D says - its location and interference / obstructions that create problems ...

Nigel

Reactions: BillyBoy65
This is an incorrect statement. It is not common at all, though it does happen and usually in area's with metallic objects nearby as far as the compass issue goes. As for the GPS, if there is anything interfering with reception this can happen. Both of these depend on where you are flying. Not so much for the GPS, but especially for the compass at the launch point.
Hello Fly Dawg. Yeah I check that out all the time before I fly for anything that would mess with the GPS or anything else. It's just that I have seen a few forum discussions on the same topic, so that's why I assumed that it seems to be a common (relatively) problem. Anyways, I sent a message to DJI and I am just waiting to hear back. Bottom line is that it has warnings left right and center so it makes for an uneasy flight. I got this! Loll
Cheers

Reactions: Newgmole
I suggest find a nice clear farm field without power lines / buildings / trees ... get out there and power up with a full battery and see what errors you get then ...

It may even be an idea to take a spirit level and a board with you ... level the board and do full calibration IMU .. Compass etc. just in case ...

Too often as Fly D says - its location and interference / obstructions that create problems ...

Nigel

Hi Nigel. Thanks for the info. IMU has been calibrated properly but this compass thing along with in-flight GPS fail is not normal....and yes I do take care not to fly around any source of interference. Worst scenario is I will change the compass myself and half my worries are over. Lol
Cheers.

Good luck ... its a pain when things don't just run right !

Cheers
Nigel

Reactions: BillyBoy65

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik