P3P 4K replace or repair?

Reaction score
Would it be better to Replace my camera/gimble or Repair the one I have with the possibility of the new board getting the same issues? I have the dreaded "No Video" on my P3P. I have all other data displayed just no video,

** UPDATE ** I bought another P3P just the drone, no camera, no controller, no battery. Came in today, 06/04.. Attached my old camera, did the bind, AC to RC. shut it all down, Powered it all up RC, P3P, GO App. and I have video. Took it outside, powered every thing up in order, did the DJI Dance (Compass Calibration) and flew like a dream. I Have video on my iPad Mini.

Last edited:
Had you tried to relink rc to aircraft?
Yes, I can see everything Data Wise from the drone on my iPad just no camera view. Did this flight yesterday afternoon, Flight was awesome, just couldn't see what the camera was looking at, so I had to guess:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes, I can see everything Data Wise from the drone on my iPad just no camera view. Did this flight yesterday afternoon, Flight was awesome, just couldn't see what the camera was looking at, so I had to guess:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
It shoots great video. I'm wondering if the OFDM receiver module might be bad?

Sounds like the NAND chip needs reflashing
I don't think it's the gimble board, new gimble and camera and the person I got it from said it was a Lightbridge issue. This is my first DJI Phantom quad so I'm lost,

I have no idea how to do that or where to get it done.
This will point you in the right direction for DIY.
Otherwise, did you check with @Droneted ? I know he is a P4 whiz, not sure about P3s.

This will point you in the right direction for DIY.
Otherwise, did you check with @Droneted ? I know he is a P4 whiz, not sure about P3s.
Read through the post, That is way above my skill level,

Put the camera on my other P3P and it works, so I'm guessing it is the OFDM board in the rear with the downward positioning sensor.

Reactions: brigerdrones
Would it be better to Replace my camera/gimble or Repair the one I have with the possibility of the new board getting the same issues? I have the dreaded "No Video" on my P3P. I have all other data displayed just no video,

** UPDATE ** I bought another P3P just the drone, no camera, no controller, no battery. Came in today, 06/04.. Attached my old camera, did the bind, AC to RC. shut it all down, Powered it all up RC, P3P, GO App. and I have video. Took it outside, powered every thing up in order, did the DJI Dance (Compass Calibration) and flew like a dream. I Have video on my iPad Mini.
It’s rare for the OFMD module to go bad but it does happen. In my few years of repairing the P3P’s I have only had one bad module.
But it’s nice that you figured it out and can now fly!

It’s rare for the OFMD module to go bad but it does happen. In my few years of repairing the P3P’s I have only had one bad module.
But it’s nice that you figured it out and can now fly!
If not the OFMD module, what else could it be? I'd like to get it working as a gift for a friend who can't afford to buy "New".

If not the OFMD module, what else could it be? I'd like to get it working as a gift for a friend who can't afford to buy "New".
It could definitely be the 6 wire cable that attaches the camera to the OFDM module I have seen these go bad often.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic