P3Adv blown away .. due to pilot fault

Meta4, may I ask you where you came up with those GPS coordinates from the log? Thanks
Easy .. when you open the Phantom Help LogViewer record: Phantom 3 Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
In the top left above the flight record data, you see a link that says Download KML
Click that and you get to see the flight track in Google Earth where it is easy to read heights, distances and get coordinates etc.
Thanks to PhantomHelp.com for creating such a useful tool.

Easy .. when you open the Phantom Help LogViewer record: Phantom 3 Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
In the top left above the flight record data, you see a link that says Download KML
Click that and you get to see the flight track in Google Earth where it is easy to read heights, distances and get coordinates etc.
Thanks to PhantomHelp.com for creating such a useful tool.
Thanks so much Meta4. I've noticed previous posts of yours where you gave the coordinates to look at and was wondering how you came to those numbers. Now I know. Helpful! And thanks also to Phantomhelp as well!!

FYI it flys faster is atti mode then gps.

Yep this is worth repeating. Flip the switch on the controller to ATTI and you can fly the P3 much faster. Keep in mind though that in ATTI mode the P3 will only maintain altitude, not position. The wind will blow it unless you counteract it. Practice ATTI mode in a non-emergency situation.

OP, as long as you were in a clear area you should have been able to fly back in ATTI mode visually and/or using the map.

Usually the best policy is to just not fly on overly-windy days.

It wasn't that windy on the ground so i didn't think think it would be too windy at a higher altitude.
As I understand it, winds are generally stronger once you get up there a bit. Once you get clear of trees, buildings, etc. - there's not as much to slow them down. Someone told me that it's always calmest at dawn and dusk. Never noticed that before, but checking my local weather forecasts has confirmed that. I also remember from sailing class that the differing temperatures of earth and water cause some special wind and turbulence near shore. Lesson learned. Glad you got your quad back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers