P3A Won't Update Firmware

Order another P3A, put the one that don't work in the box, send it back to Amazon and get a refund [emoji12] *cough cough*
I won't claim to have higher morals than that but the clever folks at Amazon have apparently had others do it. This is what they claim on the website specifically for the P3A:

"What you need to know – This product has a serial number that uniquely identifies the item. When your order ships, Amazon will scan the serial number and add it to the history of this order."

Maybe I could just swap the gimbal and then mail it back.... :tonguewink:

Reactions: Neon Euc
Haha worth a shot. In the end its worth doing. And before anyone jumps in and saying its fraud... It isn't. You paid for a product, its faulty from DJI, drone gets sent to Amazon, Amazon sends it back to DJI. all this would not happen if DJI checked it in the first place

And before anyone jumps in and saying its fraud... It isn't.
This is clearly fraudulent and certainly not the way to go about ethically resolving an issue.

This is clearly fraudulent and certainly not the way to go about ethically resolving an issue.
Exactly Mike,
i can't believe that neon or anyone would even suggest that but hey, we live in the world where we "owe" something to someone all the time right?? NOT!
what goes around comes around.
do the right thing and what euc is suggesting is far from right!

Reactions: msinger
Hi everyone,

Just came across this thread. It appears as though I have the EXACT same problem as the original poster. My P3A laid dormant for about a year, took it out, updates to the RC and AC were required, RC update went fine, but nothing but trouble from the AC. No blinking light from the gimbal when I tried to update the firmware, tried with several SD cards (all low-level formatted), etc etc.

I'm just curious if this problem was definitely traced to a faulty gimbal/camera module?

Hi everyone,

Just came across this thread. It appears as though I have the EXACT same problem as the original poster. My P3A laid dormant for about a year, took it out, updates to the RC and AC were required, RC update went fine, but nothing but trouble from the AC. No blinking light from the gimbal when I tried to update the firmware, tried with several SD cards (all low-level formatted), etc etc.

I'm just curious if this problem was definitely traced to a faulty gimbal/camera module?

Did you get an answer? Same issue, just bought a top gimbal board from banggood and hopefully thats the answer. I just dont think its the camera module board because it doesnt read the sd. If this is not the issue then i will order that next.

Hello Hunch, I have a brand new P3 Pro that I flew 2 times out of the box and only had it as a spare to my inspire 1.
ANYWAYS, I have the exact same problem as dave berg. There's nothing more or less I could add except I don't have an extra to use...lol Mine also set for over a year or two since I last used it before realizing I had this issue. I bought a new battery for it and found NOTHING I did would make the gimble light flash or have it read the .bin files. I even tried earlier versions not just the latest 1.11.02

I found a used P3A on ebay that was an exact match to the model that was giving me a problem. The new P3A worked as expected. I did purchase a new gimbal board but have not installed it yet, so the problem remains unsolved. I may attempt to replace the gimbal board sometime this winter. Will update this thread either way if it works or not when I complete the gimbal board transplant.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20