P3A Places to Fly in Jacksonville, FL

Reaction score
Hello, I have had my P3A for about a year now and love all that it offers. I was wondering if anybody knew of some really good places to fly the drone in Jacksonville, FL. I have flown at the beach many times and once over the river. Any advice on cool places to fly in JAX?

Thanks, Tyler

Hey there fellow Jax resident! I'm getting my 4 this week! Following the thread...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Great Hope you like it! Let me know if you find any cool places to fly! I would highly recommend Jax beach or flying over the shipyards by the Mathews bridge! I am looking for other recommendations though because the same spots do get boring to fly!

Hey guys- I just got a P3 and wanted to start flying around Jacksonville, but noticed that basically everywhere is a no-fly zone or "Airspace advisory" due to helicopter landing pads/hospitals. What is the group's thoughts on this?

Reactions: Tyler W.
Hey guys- I just got a P3 and wanted to start flying around Jacksonville, but noticed that basically everywhere is a no-fly zone or "Airspace advisory" due to helicopter landing pads/hospitals. What is the group's thoughts on this?

I am also right inside of a helipad zone (Thomas contracting). Reading other posts online it seems there are different schools of thought. First is that the DJI Go app may not show all of those same zones as the B4UFly app. Secondly, for he people who have bothered calling a hospital for instance, it's a mixed bag. Some people actually take note of the drone operators contact info and others can't even get in touch with someone at the helipad.

I did reach out to Thomas Contracting and spoke to a nice guy who said I'm one of three people who has ever called him. He said he would never care unless I was within 2 miles of him.

Keep in mind, I am brand new to this to take my info with a grain of salt.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: Anconeus
Well I am in an advisory zone. The app allows me to still fly but I have to authorize it. However, downtown right next to the Main Street bridge, I attempted to fly my drone and it would not take off at all. It told me I could override the app and still fly but an error occurred and wouldn't let me take off. I then Attempted to fly without the app or my phone and it worked perfectly. But the app restricts you and I do now know how to override it. But I just am smart about it and fly where I think is safe...(except military and JIA)

Reactions: Anconeus

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj