P3A disconnected

Reaction score
I am trying to repair a friends P3A. The AC initialises OK and the gimbal functions OK. The Remote will fly the AC and tilt the gimbal. But that about all
The DJI go app will not connect. I have relinked the RC to AC but the DJI Go app remains "disconnected" Hence no video, status telemetry, and cant check firmware, or set basic settings. I discovered on the first test flight the remote was mode 1 which was a surprise for a mode 2 guy
I have tried to update the firmware via SD card but fails. Green -red flashes then 4 10 second groups of rapid green flashed then back to green-red flashes and the cycle repeats. No TXT file was written to the SD to advise success, failure or abort.
Pulled the gimbal down and no obvious problems(damage or burning) with ribbon cable, circuit board or connectors.
Would appreciate any suggestions or advise to get this phantom going properly. Which circuit controls the data link between the AC and the RC?
Thanks

Which Go app are you using? All the p3s use DJI GO. The P4’s use Go4. Did you sign on to the phantom wireless network that is established when the controller and drone are linked?

• Sad
Reactions: JoBe
I am trying to repair a friends P3A.
Did you sign on to the phantom wireless network that is established when the controller and drone are linked?
Reminder that a P3A does not utilize a Phantom wireless network as does a P3S for example.
I am trying to repair a friends P3A. The AC initialises OK and the gimbal functions OK. The Remote will fly the AC and tilt the gimbal. I have relinked the RC to AC but the DJI Go app remains "disconnected"
Historically when people have noted here that the app reports "Disconnected" it has turned out to be an issue with either the cable used to connect the mobile device to the RC or a set up issue with the mobile device itself. Also, there have been issues with the USB connector on the RC. Have you already tried different known good cables? What type of mobile device are you using?
I have tried to update the firmware via SD card but fails.
At this point in the troubleshooting process, I would definitely not introduce any variables by changing FW. That often makes it far more difficult to diagnose.

Last edited:
I decided to put my P3P gimbal and camera on the friends dodgey P3A. I used P3P firrmware on the AC
The camera a telemetry did not work on DJI Go but did work with Litchi. Attempts to put P3P firmware onto the RC failed. Tried again with my RC (normally used with my P3P) and after relinking, it all worked with DJI Go and Litchi
The fault must be in the gimbal and/or perhaps the remote. Im tempted to get a replacement P3A gimbal board.
Any thoughts?

Attempts to put P3P firmware onto the RC failed.
i may be wrong but doesnt the P3P and P3A RC use the same fw?

did you check if the rc and the ac have fw that works with each other? at one point there was a change by dji and both had to be above or below a certain version to work together.
@Oso @RodPad @Fly Dawg can say which off there head or you can search here

Reactions: RodPad

did you check if the rc and the ac have fw that works with each other? at one point there was a change by dji and both had to be above or below a certain version to work together.
This thread got out of sight, I read his posts three times now and I'm still confused.

I don't know, I have never had a P3P and I avoid changing firmware on Phantoms.
Since then I have had other firmware issues with computers, NDVR camera systems, crApples, routers. I used to be the opposite!

This statement makes my head hurt:
"The camera a telemetry did not work on DJI Go but did work with Litchi"
I just can't Phantom that.

Rod

doesnt the P3P and P3A RC use the same fw?
No they do not. Also the P3A and P camera/gimbles are not interchangeable.

• Sad
Grappler, lets go back to basics and as has been so wisely said, don't just start randomly interchanging FW/gimbals/cameras etc, you are confusing the issue!
Why were you "trying to repair a friends P3A" in the first place? Had he crashed it? Did it just stop working?
What firmware versions do you have on the AC & RC?
What device are you trying to fly/connect to the RC with?

As an P3A owner I've had a few issues but all solvable with a bit of patience, not randomly changing out components. As has been said one of the most common faults is with the USB cable/connector on the back of the RC.

Reactions: Royr1957
No they do not.

hey dawg! i have to disagee wid you on that. no need to change RC fw if you link the RC to a p3a and then link the same RC to a p3p or vice versa. just relink it.

Also the P3A and P camera/gimbles are not interchangeable.
wow dawg. weird to see you so off on this one. i disagee with you again. of course the p3a and the p3p camera/gimbles are interchangeable. so you didn't get much sleep that day? haha jk!
you are still a star here man and i will still follow you. :)

I knew a P3P camera works on a P3A, but I thought I missing some details.

Rod

Reactions: Oso
If you are still interested, here’s a bullet from my tips post:

> AC FW 1.8 and RC FW 1.6 were released together with an encryption change. If you have one (or later), you must have the other (or later) or you will have issues. DJI also noted this in the release notes, but even so we have seen several people here who were not aware and inadvertently created an encryption mismatch.

Hi Oso, that's what I was getting at in my post yesterday. Very important and the obvious first step.

Grappler, are you still here???

If you are still interested, here’s a bullet from my tips post:

> AC FW 1.8 and RC FW 1.6 were released together with an encryption change. If you have one (or later), you must have the other (or later) or you will have issues. DJI also noted this in the release notes, but even so we have seen several people here who were not aware and inadvertently created an encryption mismatch.

@Oso Very helpful. So are you saying P3A AC FW 1.8 and RC FW 1.9 should work together? This is my current setup after making needed firmware updates today.

• Haha
I have the same issue my craft is on 1.14 what would i need on tablet or phone i have ipad air 2 and galaxy s9 is it possible to choose which fw you install?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic