Reaction score
Hi Guys, I'm Peter from Macedonia, a recent P3A owner that bought the drone from Germany. I'm a professional studio / outdoors photographer for over 15 years, so I've done a lot of pixel peeping throughout the years and I know when something is not right.

I've read a couple of threads about badly focused P3 cameras after I've noticed that my unit has a really poor image quality at the center.

The image (100% crop from the center) below was taken on a sunny day with an ND16 filter, ISO 100, shutter at 1/100.

- Yes I've taken a couple of images with no filter / bare lens and confirmed that indeed there's a problem with the center of the image, this is also noticable on video if you look for it.

center.jpg

My question is, instead of returning the drone (bought it from Mediamarkt in Germany, I'm in Macedonia, lenghty procedures etc.), is there a fix that I can do it myself? I'm pretty good with dissasembling electronics (dslr lenses, dslr bodies etc.)

I've learned that I could try with trying to align the sensor board, but can someone point me into the right directions so I don't waste hours trying over and over again? Do i have to take off the lens, break the glue and try to focus it manually?

Thanks.

Last edited:
The picture you posted looks bad all over. I'm suspecting that it is not a full res picture taken off of the Phantom'Phantom's SD card.
Post one of those for us to see.

sorry I did not mention. This is a 100% crop of the center of the frame from a raw file from the SD card, It's not the whole image.

Petkovski, here's a Youtube video (with links in the description) that will help you adjust your camera sensor.

I moved the sensor board a bit and got more acceptable results in the center and overall image.

Video is 4/5.

Overall this is a result of mass production and bad quality control, but I don't care as anything else in my phantom works great and as advertised, and I'm really happy that is easy to dissasemble and fix the problem yourself.

(100% crop of center part of still image)

DJI_0036.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj