What to buy to replace Phantom 3 Standard

Reaction score
Hi,

My Phantom 3 (Standard) is coming to the end of it's useful life - and I'm keen to get something with a higher quality camera.

I've been out of the loop for a while and noticed that Phantom 4 is discontinued, and still no word on Phantom 5 (as far as I can see!)

I primarily use the drone for aerial mapping - so need decent still images, a stable platform, no lens distortion and a quick shutter. Phantom have always been perfect from this perspective and I've used 4 pro and advanced.

I was wondering if anyone had any buying advice - is it worth snapping up a phantom 4 pro and getting a few years out of that?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

I got an email from DJI this week saying there's a new drone coming next month.
Maybe hang out and see what that is.
It’s a FPV drone. And if Ididn’t think I could handle that I would go
for at the minimum a Mavic Mini 2. JMO.

I primarily use the drone for aerial mapping - so need decent still images, a stable platform, no lens distortion and a quick shutter. Phantom have always been perfect from this perspective and I've used 4 pro and advanced.
The Phantom 4 pro is an industrial workhorse and is superb for mapping projects.

Reactions: wildlifejosh
It's all about the images and a bigger sensor and interchangeable lenses is the direction I would drift towards.tpp
Ahh come on you stay in Mavic forum nonstop if that’s all you'll interested in why . Where's your sense of adventure. A fella got to have some fun.

Hi,

My Phantom 3 (Standard) is coming to the end of it's useful life - and I'm keen to get something with a higher quality camera.

I've been out of the loop for a while and noticed that Phantom 4 is discontinued, and still no word on Phantom 5 (as far as I can see!)

I was wondering if anyone had any buying advice - is it worth snapping up a phantom 4 pro and getting a few years out of that?

I'm still a big fan of the phantom 3 series. Mine has served me well and I still see them for sale with little use on them for reasonable prices

Having recently sent my P3S for a very reasonable service with DJI in the Netherlands - I might see if I can get another year out of it. They are basically the only ones who will do repairs on Phantom 3 now, but I was surprised how cheap it was for what they did.

If it gives up - I'll upgrade to the P4P - as the RTK is a little bit out of my budget!

I loved the P3A, when she died... I shall thinking about for to buy an other.
Then that’s what you should do. If it suits you that’s what you need.
Sure there are some for sale in classifieds if not just ask for one in that section. If you don’t know the seller pm me. I kinda know most here.Bet @Starz knows of some if not some others.

I see plenty of the P3 series on my local Craigslist. New one there every week. A buyer would need to be very careful in that neck of the woods.

Yes, you need a lot of lucky to find a proper Phantom second hands. New? why you want to sale your brand new Phantom?? Good = Good and keep to fly.

Hallo, I was told last month by drone doctor ( Brighton) that they no longer support Phantom3. I had a P3 standard as my first drone. It was cheap & unused but th battery with it was dead so l had to wait a little while for a new one. That said it was a brilliant drone & for 6 months I was happy to fly it. I learnt a great deal about drone flight & photography. But l was always curious about distance flying & better resolution & transmission distance. I spent a long time bidding on Ebay at my budget price for aP3 PRO & finally got one. 3 years later l still have th Pro. l use it a lot 2-4 times a week in summer & w1-2 weekly in winter, inclement stops play. I have bought 6 batteries for it. That gives me confidence in rotation & battery care. It flies prescisely as l expect & has great flight time, (16 minutes, landing with 25% reserve), fabulous control, & reliable transmission. l fly over th sea a lot to monitor dinghy racing & out to a abandoned structure nearly a mile away from me. (1300 mtrs on screen distance. I use a huawei 10.1"screen on th controller) l land & take off so much now that th cormorants or shags don't move when l arrive or leave. There are plenty of P3Pro for sale on Ebay, & now there will be a glut of P4 's available. I spent 3 hours going thru that DJI FPV trailer yesterday & l am sure that it is the next bird for me, so much so I ordered it last night. Definitely go for a P3Pro at th very least, Th P4 would l am sure be even better with increased flight time & enhanced collision avoidance systems. Good luck. THeo

That new FPV zoom machine will be interesting to see what some of them will look like in a few months. Probably will be ads for parts and pieces and the repair folks will be overwhelmed.

Reactions: MTO
Hi,

If you are using drones for work especially Federal contracts and in Federal lands you will be able to use any drone or drone with parts from China. Some states are adopting the No China rule as well. I heard this today during a federal drone meeting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen