P3 What went wrong? Severe injuries

Dangerous

• Yes

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

While hovering, unit suddenly accelerated to my face. Good thing I was away from the crowd.

Dangerous

Attachments

• 20150902_080237.jpg
    20150902_080237.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 724
  • 20150902_080215.jpg
    20150902_080215.jpg
    802.4 KB · Views: 758
  • 20150902_062630.jpg
    20150902_062630.jpg
    445.7 KB · Views: 702
Wow. Speedy recovery, bud. I hand catch mine by reaching up. I guess I will make sure to do initial stability check a meter or so above my head after takeoff.

Reactions: Fortunato Co
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Everything was so fast when it hit me. Crowds were watching while it was hovering 7 feet away from me and it went wild.

Hit me with your best shot I didnt even feel a thing for couple of minutes and a friend of mine saw blood dripping.

Posts like this let me know that my prop guards are staying on. Simply not worth it. Its foreseeable risk.

Posts like this let me know that my prop guards are staying on. Simply not worth it. Its foreseeable risk.
Spoken like a lawyer or one who closely associates with lawyers.
LOL, it takes one to spot one.

Spoken like a lawyer or one who closely associates with lawyers.
LOL, it takes one to spot one.
Prefer the "realist" title. I don't associate with lawyers lol. Having the guards on has not prevented me from enjoying any part of flying this bird. I also now can enjoy the fact its not going to bite me in the face. My dog is grateful too as one time the kids let him out the back door right after start up. I can tell you in that case CSC doesn't happen fast enough.

I am not one to tell anyone whether they should or shouldn't fly with these things on. In my flight situations they fit the bill.

well P3 is a toy when compared with a 550 or even bigger T-Rex Helis considering safety. But even P3 may injure you seriously so you should always stay at least 10m away.

You likely hit the button the screen to rth.

Where is the actual video from the bird?

You likely hit the button the screen to rth.

RTH from close range would/should bring the copter straight down ... assuming it is working properly. Send the .txt file to healthy drones and look for any anomalies.

Here is the result from DJI from their Analyst "

1.The fly078 is the log for accident
2.During the flight, the aircraft drifted very quickly without any reson.
It seems to be compass interference but the the course is not very crooked, just jagged) leading the accident

Recommendation is free repair :(Fraustrating recommendation given with the severe injuries and safety of the unit.

Fortunately, your injuries don't look "severe". Do you have any video so we can help figure out what happened?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic