P3 se won't power up

Reaction score
Ok, just received my Phantom 3 se. Charged batteries for remote and drone. Installed djgo app. Remote powers up, iPad connects to remote via the remotes wifi. When I put the battery in the P3 se and turn the battery on (yes I'm pushing it once, releasing, then holding button down till the lights turn solid). The battery indicator lights stay on, but the drone does not power up . No beeping, the camera gimbal doesn't cycle. I can see a blinking red light inside the little positioning system box, as well as a green glow. The djgo app tells me the drone is not connected. I tried linking the drone through the app, and pressing the link button on the drone, but it times out (50 seconds) without connecting. Any suggestions? Thanks

Reactions: charlieb4
This is a new SE, right? I would call DJI. The first thing that should happen is the AC should go through the boot-up process when the battery is turned on while in the AC. Good luck

Yes, brand new. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Could it be a compatibility issue with the battery? I am using the battery that was shipped in the AC.

By the way, I purchased this AC from TomTop. Big mistake, horrible customer service. I’ve been trying to contact them since yesterday, but Haven’t gotten one response. Not even from their online chat customer service. So far DJI has been great to work with. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
By the way, I purchased this AC from TomTop. Big mistake, horrible customer service. I’ve been trying to contact them since yesterday, but Haven’t gotten one response. Not even from their online chat customer service. So far DJI has been great to work with. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Having the exact same issue I bought three days back in my local Harvey Norman. Bringing it back to the store tomorrow.

Didn't think the SE was sold in Australia?

When it comes to TomTop, try their rep on rcgroups forum or just file a dispute on PP

Ok, just received my Phantom 3 se. Charged batteries for remote and drone. Installed djgo app. Remote powers up, iPad connects to remote via the remotes wifi. When I put the battery in the P3 se and turn the battery on (yes I'm pushing it once, releasing, then holding button down till the lights turn solid). The battery indicator lights stay on, but the drone does not power up . No beeping, the camera gimbal doesn't cycle. I can see a blinking red light inside the little positioning system box, as well as a green glow. The djgo app tells me the drone is not connected. I tried linking the drone through the app, and pressing the link button on the drone, but it times out (50 seconds) without connecting. Any suggestions? Thanks

PeteSahr, I also had the same problem, but I never gave up on it. I’ve kept trying it. It took me a long time, until it got that connection. All the paperwork that came with it, was all in Chinese, nothing in English. And no manual either. It’s been long now, so I don’t remember if I did anything else. I also got it from TomTom, TomTop, whatever. Never had any issues with them. Keep trying, keep asking around, and look around on, “YouTube!” Because, once u do get this up and running, u will love ur drone. As I do with mine.

Did u see a little hole underneath one of the arm near the body of the drone, that is a red light? U need like a toothpick to use, to put into the hole to click on the red light, to make it green. I believed that is what helps the drone to connect. I also may be wrong, it’s been a while tho. Something to try. Good luck!

Did u see a little hole underneath one of the arm near the body of the drone, that is a red light? U need like a toothpick to use, to put into the hole to click on the red light, to make it green. I believed that is what helps the drone to connect. I also may be wrong, it’s been a while tho. Something to try. Good luck!
The process you are describing puts the AC into linking mode- you need to do the same with the controller to pair the AC. This is likely not an issue for the OP and could not be done given he can’t get his AC to power up.

Reactions: charlieb4
Didn't think the SE was sold in Australia?

When it comes to TomTop, try their rep on rcgroups forum or just file a dispute on PP
We have HN In Ireland too.
Incidentally, I discovered that I was incorrectly turning on my battery. I held it for a second, released, and then held for about 2 seconds, and the drone powered up perfectly.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
We have HN In Ireland too.
Incidentally, I discovered that I was incorrectly turning on my battery. I held it for a second, released, and then held for about 2 seconds, and the drone powered up perfectly.
Your not the first and won’t be the last...

How does it fly?

I was suprised at how easy it was to control. Really really impressed. I had a short flight and then realised that I didn't have a memory card in the camera, to landed her, inserted a card and went for a short flight. Was hoping to go out today but the weather is too windy in Dublin. if it calms down a bit I'll go for a short flight.

Reactions: With The Birds
Yeah, I tried that, but it still wouldn’t link. I talked to DJI. They sent ma a return label and said they’d replace it.

The process you are describing puts the AC into linking mode- you need to do the same with the controller to pair the AC. This is likely not an issue for the OP and could not be done given he can’t get his AC to power up.
Correct! Wouldn’t power up at all!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20