P3 Props In Shot - You're Kidding Me!

Reaction score
Someone on the forum linked to this video
In all the time I owned a P2V+ I never saw props in shot like this!
Is this what we're to expect with the P3?
Surely not!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

watching that video , it seems like the camera frame rate can't keep up with the image, a lot of pixilation when camera pans quickly... anyone else catch that? hopefully it has something to do with youtube and not the camera.

beautiful images though.. I'm still a fan!

OK I read his notes:-

"I was pushing it around pretty aggressively. With a little downward tilt and slower AP flight you will not get the props in the shot no more than a P2 V+"

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. It was just a bit surprising as I can't recall seeing the props on my P2V+ as much when I was doing some aggressive flying...

Yeah... I mean... there's tilt on the camera for just that type of situation... :confused:

One thing I did notice... I can get going so hard with my P2V+ that I see enough arms to catch some of the LED pods in the video... I didn't see that in this clip... seems better than P2V+ IMO

I've seen raised landing gear in shots from aggressively flown inspires. Very simple just edit it out.

Someone on the forum linked to this video
In all the time I owned a P2V+ I never saw props in shot like this!
Is this what we're to expect with the P3?
Surely not!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
The gimbal keeps the camera pointed in the same direction. When the P3 or any phantom accelerates quickly, it tilts to do do which allows it to put the thrust in the forward direction as well as keeping it aloft. You will see the props as long as you are accelerating really quickly. However, you can see them better in 4K.

Just fly more slowly or tilt the camera down a little and no problem.

Reactions: Cyclone
There was a hell of a lot of pixelation alright I'm really hoping that was down to youtube

Hopefully it's not the first warning sign. I was watching it in 1440 and to be honest didn't like what I saw

It's a consumer/hobbyist grade product. It's going to have limitations.
Yes, you can use it 'professionally' as Mr. Bloom has but there's caveats.

In fairness though he was fairly throttling it and for most my videos I take it easy for the important shots

Yes I suppose you're right it's just that we're all used to seeing GoPro footage that doesn't do this and it's a tiny bit annoying.

It's all about perspective.

Breathe.......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic