Now the flipping App won't run!

Reaction score
One thing after another. I've been working with DJI Live Chat to try to sort out this IFM and in so doing have done several flights using both my Lenovo 8" (which I have always used) and my iPhone SE when the Lenovo didn't shoe it. (The SE didn't show it either and its referred to their technical side).

Anyway, I have just done an update on the OS for the Android, tried to run the DJI-GO and the it wouldn't run.

I have uninstalled the App and re installed it but no go!

App version (same as before) IMG_5460.jpg

It goes as far as IMG_5461.jpg but I have the Phantom 3 Advanced.

When I load my drone it won't go to camera, IMG_5475.jpg just keeps telling me how to connect!!

Very annoying but am I doing something wrong here, have I got the wrong App? Had it running fine just now before I updated the Android.

Last edited:
Had it running fine just now before I updated the Android.
Updates change the USB settings on Android most times. Have you re-enabled developer options? What did you update from and to? Version wise.

Reactions: JoBe
I've been through all that thanks. Don't know where to find the Developer Options on my Android?

Go to settings menu.and scroll all the way to the bottom.....and their cheddarman......you will see developer mode The Best of Luck to you.
send me a private message IF you want too.

Go to settings menu.and scroll all the way to the bottom.....and their cheddarman......you will see developer mode
This has to be unlocked first. It is a hidden menu.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I think he will see the unlocker IF he gets their...and you have to be careful In their too......Dont do things to cause more issues .

STEPS TO UNLOCK DEVELOPER OPTIONS

1) Tap on “Settings.” It’s located inside the applications list.

2) Tap on “About Phone.”

3) Tap on the “Build Number” 7 times. When you’ve finished tapping the build number 5 times, you’ll see a pop-up message: “You are now 2 steps away from being a developer!”

4) Tap 2 more times. Keep on tapping until you see the message “You are now a developer!”

5) Go back to Settings. The Developer Options should be right above the About Phone option.

Thanks for all that but I am NOT using a phone, it's a tablet an d there is nothing like that under the settings menu.....these are my options....

Attachments

• IMG_5477.jpg
    IMG_5477.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 212
  • IMG_5476.jpg
    IMG_5476.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 203
OK......On my SAMSUNG Tab A. with yes "Android".......theirs no unlocking to be done....its only scroll to tap one time on icon and it opens to developer mode.
ONCE in their be careful....cheddar Mann.do what you need to do and scat out......Hope it works for you OK.

See Post #8.......Also may depend on the Android version.
IMG_5476 copy.png

"tap one time on icon". What icon???

Under settings I have four areas. Wireless and network, Device, personal and system.☺️
IMG_5479.jpg
IMG_5480.jpg
IMG_5481.jpg
IMG_5478.jpg

OK. Under "About" I get......
IMG_5482.jpg

None of these lead to anything about "development". Only device and legal take me to a second page?

Follow the instructions in Post #8...

Android 2 copy.jpg

Ahh, tapped on "Build Number" 7 times and it said you are now in development mode.

I now have an additional icon under System, Developer options........

Yikes, there are dozens of items, where do I go now, I don't want to muck it all up

By the way, many thanks for all your patience, really helpful for an 80yo old git!

Last edited:
I now have an additional icon under System, Developer options........
Bingo. Now go in to developer options and enable "USB Debugging" ( dont change anything else ).

Done although it was already Blue, over to the right so I turned it off and on again......

Done although it was already Blue, over to the right so I turned it off and on again......
That should be all you need to do. Give it a shot as is and see if you get to the camera view after you power up the RC and AC.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1