P3 imu error

Reaction score
Bonjour,
Après quelques mois d’inutilisation de mon phantom, je l’ai allumé et j’ai un problème d’imu.
Je précise que je l’ai transporté et j’ai vu que je n’ai pas bloqué la nacelle durant le transport...
Mon problème est à l’allumage il me demande de calibrer l’imu mais quand je le fait j’ai une erreur inconnu j’ai vérifié les valeurs dans les capteurs et au niveau de l’acceleration J’ai en Z -1.43 et dans mod 1,43...
J’ai essayé les méthodes de taper pour débloquer l’imu mais ça ne marche pas les valeurs reste les mêmes. Par contre quant j’incline le drone les valeurs change...
J’ai réussi à le calibrer en le maintenant dans une position inclinée et la j’arrive à 100% mais quand j’essaie de le démarrer il ne veut pas j’ai des messages comme quoi le drone est incliné alors qu’il est à l'horizontal. Et une fois en réussissant à le calibrer la caméra et rester inclinée.

Savez vous svp d’ou Vient le problème!
Je suis désespéré cela fait 3 jours que j’essaye sans réussir.

Merci

Hello,
After a few months of not using my ghost, I am on and have an imu problem.
I specify that I am transported and I saw that I did not block the basket during transport ...
My problem is on ignition it asks me to calibrate the imu but when I do it I have an unknown error I checked the values in the sensors and at the level of acceleration I have in Z -1.43 and in mod 1.43 ...
I tried the methods of typing to unlock the imu but it doesn't work the values stay the same. However when I tilt the drone the values change ...
I managed to calibrate it by keeping it in an inclined position and I arrive at 100% but when I try to start it does not want I have messages like what the drone is tilted while it is at 'horizontal. And once by successfully calibrating the camera and staying tilted.

Please know where the problem is coming from!
I am desperate for 3 days that I try without success.

Thank you

7929BC3B-21EC-4852-AA13-B54C9ECAA52C.jpeg
Les valeurs du drone quand il est posé à plat.
The values of the drone when it is laid flat

En le maintenant dans cette position, J’arrive à calibrer jusqu’à 100%

By keeping it in this position, I can calibrate up to 100%

396ECE2F-CE7C-4062-B22F-1AFCD6C36618.jpeg
385EE8B4-C7F8-4F1D-8379-841D844C66AC.jpeg

Une fois c’est calibrer, en voulant le faire décoller j’ai ces messages et la caméra est de travers...

Once it's calibrated, by wanting to take it off I have these messages and the camera is askew ...

1A258877-9261-47BF-A74D-F761CA81FE32.jpeg

I'm not sure about the pictures of you holding it while calibrating. To calibrate the IMU place the aircraft on a flat level surface, with a small fan blowing on it to keep it cool, and then perform the IMU calibration. Do not touch it or bump it or move it in any way during the calibration.

I'm not sure about the pictures of you holding it while calibrating. To calibrate the IMU place the aircraft on a flat level surface, with a small fan blowing on it to keep it cool, and then perform the IMU calibration. Do not touch it or bump it or move it in any way during the calibration.
thank you for your reply.
on the photo where I keep it aside it allows to have a value close to 0 of the Z accelerator.
so it calibrates normally.
but if I put it flat the Z value goes to 1.46 and impossible to calibrate it.
I even put them in the fridge to keep it cool during the calibration and it doesn't work.
Excuse my inglish is poor

I understand you. You cannot calibrate the IMU while holding to aircraft to change the numbers. That's not how it works.

in the flat position it does not want to calibrate given the value of Z it is too large.
so by tilting it I bring it back to the almost normal value and there it calibrates.
in flat position at 1% it stops with an unknown error
I tried to calibrate it a hundred times but always failed.
the only foos that the calibration arrives at 100% is when I tilt it.
I think there is a serious problem.
I changed places several times without success.
there are 3 topics on the forum on this problem but without solution.

Sounds like the accelerometer in the IMU is stuck. Try smacking the sides of the drone and then place it on a flat level surface and try to calibrate it again. If it still will not calibrate you will have to separate the shell halves and remove the IMU from its housing and then smack it on all four sides. Then put the IMU back in it’s housing. Don’t snap the shell halves back together until you retry the IMU calibration. Sounds crazy,, but it works!

I used this video to fix mine.

Chris

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
Thank you for your answers.
I’ve already clicked the imu several times and tried the video offer but it didn’t work.
I don't think the imu is blocked since all the values change when I move the drone.
this method and the video I think it works when the X or Y value is abnormal.
me it is the Z value which is abnormal.

The basic principle for IMU calibration is calibrate it when is in absolutely flat position so this position will IMU recognise as the flat position. Any other position during calibration will result in false calibration even if it comes to 100% and says OK.

The basic principle for IMU calibration is calibrate it when is in absolutely flat position so this position will IMU recognise as the flat position. Any other position during calibration will result in false calibration even if it comes to 100% and says OK.
I know that well, but impossible to calibrate it in a flat position, because the value of Z is not good.
it is -1.44 so if the drone is in a flat position for the imu it doesn't have it that's why it doesn't work.
I can't find a solution to bring the normal Z value back to the flat position.
I tried to calibrate it a hundred times but still at 2% unknown error.
so it's a failure of the imu the Z value of the accelerometry (g) I think it has to do with gravity.
only physicists can solve it lol

I will say again,,, you need to smack that IMU HARDER. The accelerometer is stuck. That is why it only gets to 2% during calibration!

I do not know how many times I hit this imu and I will do it again, but the Z value is always stay at 1.44
I even hit it with a plastic hammer but nothing has changed.
this hitting method works if x or y values are blocked.
me it is the Z and in addition it is not blocked, it is negatively low, but it changes by moving the drone ...
hoping that I will find a solution.
thank you

I'm looking for imu I found one of phantom 3 pro, I have an advenced.
I don’t know how difficult it is to change the imu.
video I can't find a tutorial.
Finally I found one but I had to do micro welding and it exceeds my skills.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I remember popping the cover on mine and hitting the IMU hard with the handle of a heavy screw driver but it didn’t work. I had to remove the IMU like in the video I linked to above and hit it really hard with the screw driver before I finally got it unstuck.

If after doing this it doesn’t become unstuck the you may be looking at a new IMU.

Chris

Reactions: KachemakDiver
Yes, if the IMU is stuck hard you need to remove it from its housing and strike it hard as mentioned above!
As mentioned above, if it still fails to function properly, then replace just the IMU itself. Not the housing. 4 little tabs hold the IMU into its housing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic