P3 IMU Calibration - How Long Does It Take?

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of doing one now, and started about 25 minutes ago. I see the red "cpu" light still flashing in front, and believe it is still in progress.
How long should I reasonably expect this to take?
I also don't see a status bar in my iPad Air2 based Pilot App ....
Thanks for any help!

should be no more than 10 or so minutes...

Mine only took a few minutes. I highly recommend the 'cold IMU calibration' method. You basically get the bird a cool as you can (I placed mine on an AC vent for 30 minutes), get the controller/app up and going, slap the battery in and immediately calibrate the IMU on a dead flat surface. There is also a progress bar that is displayed int he app while it is calibrating that displayed the % completed and then 'complete' when it is done.

Reactions: Fplvert
Mine only took a few minutes. I highly recommend the 'cold IMU calibration' method. You basically get the bird a cool as you can (I placed mine on an AC vent for 30 minutes), get the controller/app up and going, slap the battery in and immediately calibrate the IMU on a dead flat surface. There is also a progress bar that is displayed int he app while it is calibrating that displayed the % completed and then 'complete' when it is done.
I've also been using the cold calibration method.

I did one last night after updating firmware. It only takes about five minutes if the bird and battery are nice and cool!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj