P3 Gimbal Inertia Guard

Reaction score
I hope that DJI has redesigned so that the camera doesn't pop-off and tear the flex cable. Just for added insurance, I added the inertia to prevent it from ever happening. It's the same principle as the Vision Plus inertia guard.

Attachments

Reaction score
They have. The redesign happened withe the release of the P2V+ V3. The rear motor no longer has the motor shaft pressed into aluminum, it is now pressed into steel. We've tried to pry them apart and needed a hydraulic press to do it without completely destroying the gimbal.

Attachments

Reaction score
With the guard being clear plastic, it is easy to forget that it is installed. Put a piece of string or marker tape as a reminder.
You are referring to the gimbal clamp that keeps the gimbal from moving around when quad is not in use. OP is referring to a guard which allegedly prevented motor separation in a crash. Like the orange tape though.

Reaction score
You are referring to the gimbal clamp that keeps the gimbal from moving around when quad is not in use. OP is referring to a guard which allegedly prevented motor separation in a crash. Like the orange tape though.
Sorry, your right -- post removed!

Reaction score
They have. The redesign happened withe the release of the P2V+ V3. The rear motor no longer has the motor shaft pressed into aluminum, it is now pressed into steel. We've tried to pry them apart and needed a hydraulic press to do it without completely destroying the gimbal.
Thanks mate. I never owned the revised v3.
I still don't trust DJI and i'll the gimbal saver on.

Reaction score
I had the "remove before flight" on my P2VP.
You can get them from china for a dollar.
Just drill a hole and attach keyring in the gimbal transporter clip.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Novelty-Remove-Before-Flight-Keychain-Tag-Zipper-Pull-Woven-Embroidery-Keyring-/321687147434?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item4ae60c53aa

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnvanlit