P3 FW Version advice for iPhone iOS 9

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Being in Chicago even though theres time a CAN fly in winter, it's mostly pretty drab & ugly to shoot.
And **** cold...
So, I've not been flying pretty much since Thanksgiving.

My firmware (P3 Pro) is still at P3X_FW_V01.04.0010
And I've kept my iPad Mini 3 at iOS 8.4 - and have up till now had no issues whatsoever flying.
Not wanting to Fix what A'int Broken.

but my buddy flys a lot and is up to date with iOS 9 and latest firmware. Says all is good.
I'm considering updating all - I know my DJI Go is also not the latest version.
-How do I see the Version of the DJI Go? Can't seem to find that.....?

Should I do this - go to all latest updates?
What is the latest version of ALL- Firmware for P3, Controller and DJI go?
do I need to do it in steps, or can I jump to latest on all items in 1 step?
( I know to do the bird separately from the controller, and then do batteries 1 by 1 )

Anyone have strong - verified - reasons NOT to do this, that I'd be better off staying where I am??

thanks!

Hi guys,

Being in Chicago even though theres time a CAN fly in winter, it's mostly pretty drab & ugly to shoot.
And **** cold...
So, I've not been flying pretty much since Thanksgiving.

My firmware (P3 Pro) is still at P3X_FW_V01.04.0010
And I've kept my iPad Mini 3 at iOS 8.4 - and have up till now had no issues whatsoever flying.
Not wanting to Fix what A'int Broken.

but my buddy flys a lot and is up to date with iOS 9 and latest firmware. Says all is good.
I'm considering updating all - I know my DJI Go is also not the latest version.
-How do I see the Version of the DJI Go? Can't seem to find that.....?

Should I do this - go to all latest updates?
What is the latest version of ALL- Firmware for P3, Controller and DJI go?
do I need to do it in steps, or can I jump to latest on all items in 1 step?
( I know to do the bird separately from the controller, and then do batteries 1 by 1 )

Anyone have strong - verified - reasons NOT to do this, that I'd be better off staying where I am??

thanks!
I have updated all my clients to the latest versions of everything and with no problems what so ever. As for finding what versions you have, you will have to connect the bird and go into about section of the go app and that will tell you what you current FW is. The last update is a all in one update so there is no reason to do in steps. Also the last update contains the battery update as well for cold weather. You should be good to update. Good luck!

I am still running firmware 1.4, very happy with that, I run iOS 9 and go app 2.4.3

See no reason to change. I dont want to mess around with geo stuff and happy with what i got.

1.6 includes fixes for battery issues FYI.

I've been flying for a while on iOS 9 without incident. v9.3 is coming shortly, possibly around the 22nd (Apple is rumored to be announcing new iPads/iPhones then).

1.6 includes fixes for battery issues FYI.

I've been flying for a while on iOS 9 without incident. v9.3 is coming shortly, possibly around the 22nd (Apple is rumored to be announcing new iPads/iPhones then).

FYI Those battery issues were caused by 1.5

Thanks guys. After I backup my iPad, I'll work on my updates.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic