P3 flashing after crash ...

Reaction score
Bought a phantom 3 that had been crashed and all the wires from the gimbal had been pulled out, the drone looks pretty good condition, and the camera has no Mark's on it, when I've charged the battery and powered it up, it just flashes red, green, yellow continuous... any ideas why and how to fix this ? Also does anyone know where to get the white flat gimbal connection cable from in the UK
broke wire.jpg

Thanks

Since all the wire ends are still there and not torn off I would make cable flat and nice like it is before the end and you should find all those will push and lock back into socket and should still work since wires aren't really snapped,they just unclip from the plastic lugs that hold them in the white plug socket,,give it a try,,,red yellow green is itself continuously self testing which might keep looping itself since it cant continue its start up routine,,I would try this before spending money....just keep wires flat left to right and be sweet,no wires here cross over so line them up

Since all the wire ends are still there and not torn off I would make cable flat and nice like it is before the end and you should find all those will push and lock back into socket and should still work since wires aren't really snapped,they just unclip from the plastic lugs that hold them in the white plug socket,,give it a try,,,red yellow green is itself continuously self testing which might keep looping itself since it cant continue its start up routine,,I would try this before spending money....just keep wires flat left to right and be sweet,no wires here cross over so line them up

Thanks for that, I put them back in the best i could but still no joy, i cannot find one online neither so abit stuck on what to do ...

I know there some around,I Google search and this came up from UK...have you looked on UK ebay....you could try the reverse set up of plug wires just to make sure they weren't back to front..see cable in picture how they nice and flat and note the direction the plug facing ..also make sure that black wire is clipped on properly ,
Screenshot_20200823-110431_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Capt KO
Buy a new ribbon cable, do not randomly plug them back into the camera, you will possibly do more damage!!

There is a message in the flashing light which can help to identify the problem. These are the ones for an Advanced, check your manual:

Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 08.51.33.jpg

Last edited:
8 wires, 4 on 1 side are + (power) the other 4 are - ground

" Wiring diagrams are around, somewhere? The 8 lead ribbon cable going to the gimbal, has 12 volts on 4 of the wires side by side and none on the other 4 that are side by side. That is your power going to the gimbal. Sounds like your problem is in the gimbal board, if not the cable feeding the motors. "

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic