I tried to update my firmware on my P3Pro yet again today. Made sure I dropped the .bin file on the formatted card that came with the craft this time. Inserted into the craft. Turned it on, quickly go the Beeeep, beep, beep and green light on the gimbal. Then no sounds. When I removed the card and checked it, it showed no text file again. What am I doing wrong?

Maybe a corrupt .bin file? If I were you I would download the firmware again and go from there.

Also, if you're not already doing so... format the card in the Phantom and not the PC.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Maybe a corrupt .bin file? If I were you I would download the firmware again and go from there.

Also, if you're not already doing so... format the card in the Phantom and not the PC.

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, I had a friend send me his .bin file and tried that. I had also formatted in both the Phantom and the laptop. Nothing seems to work???

I have just took delivery of a new p3a after my other one shut down in flight, as soon as I got my new one I did the update, and I've had a compass error come up and both my spare batteries were bought on eBay have been blocked by the new update, this doesn't seam totally fair to do that to us, I'd had no problem with the batteries now I'm stuck with them, or should I roll back the update ?

Format the card in windows several times. Place the .bin file DIRECTLY in the root folder of the sd.

Place sd card in powered down gimbal of aircraft
Connect on side if gimbal micro usb to windows pc and power up craft. It should raise camera then green flash gimbal and single beep d-d-d

Remove the pc connection FULLY BOTH ENDS should lift camera and beep then flash red and green it may beep or sometimes not, leave for 25mins at least. When solid green light power down remove sd card check and reformat.

If app will not allow reformatting I formatted to exfat and will prompt reformat.

Good luck!
Thanks for the reply. So you want me to insert the SD card into the craft...and hook the gimbal up to the laptop? Also, how should I reformat if I have a macbook pro?

I have a quick question. I am having trouble installing this latest firmware upgrade to the craft. Never had a problem before. I am trying to put P3X_FW_V01.07.0060-2 3.55.59 PM.bin onto the root gallery of my formatted card. When I place it in the craft and turn just the craft on, I quickly get the 'all done' beeps with a solid green light on the gimbal. After that, I have left it in the craft for up to 20 minutes with no further sounds. Just the front arms on red, with the back blinking yellow. When I take the card out to check it, I get exactly what was put in it. No text file where I can see if it was a success or failure. I have tried it several times. Even with the unzipped P3X_FW_V01.07.0060-2 3.55.59 PM.bin.cpgz

Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Format your micro sd card before placing the update file in it
To simplify just follow the video. Pay attention to the bip sound to have an idea when its reading the file, when its updating and when update is completed. update can take more that 30 to 40 minute sometime, and make sure that you downloaded the right firmware version. if trying to instal advance firmware on pro it will not work same for other model

PS: to update remote, old update method via usb does not work any more, connect your mobile with the remote, make sure that your mobile is connected to the internet, then hit update. It will automatically download the update and will ask if you want to install it just click yes !!!

here is the video

I have a quick question. I am having trouble installing this latest firmware upgrade to the craft. Never had a problem before. I am trying to put P3X_FW_V01.07.0060-2 3.55.59 PM.bin onto the root gallery of my formatted card. When I place it in the craft and turn just the craft on, I quickly get the 'all done' beeps with a solid green light on the gimbal. After that, I have left it in the craft for up to 20 minutes with no further sounds. Just the front arms on red, with the back blinking yellow. When I take the card out to check it, I get exactly what was put in it. No text file where I can see if it was a success or failure. I have tried it several times. Even with the unzipped P3X_FW_V01.07.0060-2 3.55.59 PM.bin.cpgz

Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have just took delivery of a new p3a after my other one shut down in flight, as soon as I got my new one I did the update, and I've had a compass error come up and both my spare batteries were bought on eBay have been blocked by the new update, this doesn't seam totally fair to do that to us, I'd had no problem with the batteries now I'm stuck with them, or should I roll back the update ?

Yeah, you're right, it doesn't seem fair, but I can understand why DJI have done this, primarily to protect their IP in terms of the intelligent battery HW and FW. They would have invested huge sums in development of these units.

From what I can see here in the UK, the price differential from OE and Non OE units for the P3A/P is around £10-£25 for UK sold product, having paid £108 for a genuine product fulfilled by Amazon UK, and it works perfectly with 1.7. That's a small price to pay for peace of mind IMO.

For those who stayed off the latest fw and also the latest dji go app. I wanted to know, I've been holding off on the go app version 2.4.0 and p3 fw 1.4. While i dont want to upgrade my fw. is it somewhat ok/safe to update the app? Im kind of tired of seeing the update available in the google play store :)
does the new app upload the NFZ and all that other no good stuff to the p3 even at fw 1.4?
thanks

You want go app 2.60
Non OEM battery detection started in 2.61

I was VERY happy with 1.4fw on my P3A + 2.7.2 app modded against mandatory updates...
Infortunalty, due the age, i have ESC errors and i make RMA, and receive a new one, V2 version...

When i connected first time i was unaware that it came with last 1.11fw, and the drone coulnd`t fly more than 30 meters..
Even with log in (it was already since it was the same equipment), no joy.

The worse, i did use also a non DJI battery, and suddenly the P3 fall from sky like a stone. Luclkly i was only testing it 1 meter above some plants and nothing happen.

Then, i install 3.11 and log in and voilà, it works. However, my non DJI battery is f***** and i dont trust it more to fly.
Yes i can start engines with it, no errors, but....my guts say i shouln´t try it for normal flights.

Apart that, i shielded the 3.11 app (dont know if it works or not), but so far it works well, more than 3KM distance and everything seems fine.

If i had choice, i would go back to 1.6fw (this model has the new engines and board), without doubts.

I even try rol back fw until 1.6, but one of components/components (gimball i think and compass had errors, that i coulnt solve or fly, so, i had to go back to 1.11.
My intuition says they make big **** draconian protections on this last fw...

Oh hell, live with it and enjoy.
Advice from old school P3 guy: Enjoy you current fw and do not update!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4