P3 Camera Shimmy. Just bought this thing!

Reaction score
Hey, I just bought a P3 Advanced after the Karma was recalled... So far the flight and control has been great, but there appears to be a small shimmy in the video that is shown and recorded. I'm assuming it's the wind (maybe 10 mph, but not bad) or something else. It's a little bothersome to have this one little thing that isn't quite there. Even when not moving and just letting the drone fly in place, there's a little shimmy.. Any thoughts? Like I said, I'm new to this and am just hoping there's a little tweek I can do to fix this. Thanks!!

Does it shimmy left and right or up and down? Take a video and post it up here. It could be as simple as tightening the grub screw that holds the yaw arm to the gimbal board. It could also be a bad prop. Change them all out and see if you still get the shimmy.

The one in this vid is making noise, but even if yours is not making noise, this is a good place to start:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Does it shimmy left and right or up and down? Take a video and post it up here. It could be as simple as tightening the grub screw that holds the yaw arm to the gimbal board. It could also be a bad prop. Change them all out and see if you still get the shimmy.

The one in this vid is making noise, but even if yours is not making noise, this is a good place to start:

Here's a video I took about 20 minutes ago... Let me know what you think! Thanks!

First thing is do is see if you removed the white foam rubber from behind the camera and shoot some video. If that doesnt help,
Then do a gimbal autocalibration because your horizon was off level. That probably wont cure the problem but it cant hurt.
Then change out your props to brand new ones and shoot some video.
If that doesnt work, it might be a gimbal problem and you might have to send it back to DJI for a warranty repair.

Skip to 5 minutes 20 seconds to see the foam part

Skip to 5 minutes 20 seconds to see the foam part

Holy crap! how did I not take that piece of foam off???? I'm an idiot! I'm pretty sure that fixed it! I did a quick indoor flight and it seemed better, but I'll do a full test tomorrow! THANK YOU!!!

I just watched your unboxing video and saw that you didnt take it off. Your videos should be alot more stable now.

Also, you should probably do a gimbal autocalibration before you fly it again to solve the horizon tilt problem. I do one before every flight.

I just watched your unboxing video and saw that you didnt take it off. Your videos should be alot more stable now.

Also, you should probably do a gimbal autocalibration before you fly it again to solve the horizon tilt problem. I do one before every flight.

I'll do that for sure. I still can't believe I didn't take that off. I'm glad I won't have to send it in for warranty, though. Thanks again!!

Alot of people dont know that they should take it off, the first time I flew mine I forgot to take off the gimbal guard.

When you start it next time, listen to the gimbal motors to make sure they arent buzzing. They are probably fine, but its something to check.

Alot of people dont know that they should take it off, the first time I flew mine I forgot to take off the gimbal guard.

When you start it next time, listen to the gimbal motors to make sure they arent buzzing. They are probably fine, but its something to check.
I didn't hear them when I did the quick test in my house, but I'll keep listening just in case.. Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31