P3 Being delivered in a few days - Startup Advice??

Reaction score
I had a P2 for a short while. No issues, followed the manual. Got good pictures and video. Had a chance to return it. Winter was coming on. Glad I waited and got a P3 coming from Amazon.

Where to start with the P3? Charge the batteries and follow the manual?

Any special apps?

I'll be using an iPhone 6 plus and thinking about getting an Apple tablet. Which one?

From one new guy to another:

- Download the manuals. The ones online are more detailed than what's in the box. Read them.
- Read a lot here. Ask questions if you get confused. There are some myths floating around and different opinions on a few things (that likely really don't matter).
- Charge the batteries. The first time the controller will take longer than you think.
- Download the DJI Pilot app (you can do that now). This is really the only app so far.
- Do your IMU calibration
- Before you fly the first time, do a compass calibration (make sure you read how and where)
- Look at the thread here about checklists also.
- Even with your prior experience, I'd say stay in beginner mode for the first couple of flights.

I upgraded my iPad to the Air 2. I think the Air would be a good choice also, but since I use my iPad at work as well, I went ahead and upgraded to the newest model. There's lots of debate over cellular or not and several threads on that. I got the cellular model mainly to have the GPS, but I'm thinking of activating the data plan since I seem to forget to cache maps before going out to fly!

You'll love the P3!!

Chris

The P3 you do not turn the motors off in the way you do with your P2!
When aircraft has landed PUSH & HOLD THROTTLE DOWN.
The motors will stop after three seconds.
THAT IS ALL! do not touch other stick.

All the best!

The P3 you do not turn the motors off in the way you do with your P2!
It's exactly the same .. maybe you didn't read that section of the P2 manual?
P2
i-z58ZjP4-L.jpg

P3
i-ZhRNmjb-L.jpg

It's exactly the same .. maybe you didn't read that section of the P2 manual?
P2
i-z58ZjP4-L.jpg

P3
i-ZhRNmjb-L.jpg
Your absolutely right - I did not read the P2 manual - I certainly did not print one off the DJI website like I did for the P3.
However, I believe I used method 1 last night like I have done countless times with my P2 & my P1's.

I will be using method 2 from now on.
Glad you came and set it right for Bill, I just read your post in Shatty's "crash" thread and came here to correct my
earlier post.

Dji tutorial for beginners
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers