P3 Advanced with a 4k Camera

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showatt.php?attachmentid=7832151&d=1430690682
You can put the p3pro camera on the advanced. IMHO, if you were planning on doing this, you should have just gotten a pro.

The SDK will run on both the advanced and pro.. Dev's are just working with the pro currently.
If you read my previous posts you would know that I have the pro, i was just making a stament for the other people in this thread going about how there was much than just the cameras being different...

I want to clear that P3A and P3P has different firmware, due to camera differences. The camera manage bird main controller firmware update! So as it is, you can't flash P3X fw (for P3P) on a P3S (for P3A), unless you do some (hard) hack. It's easier "probably" to hack P3A to flash P3P fw in case you install on P3A a 4K camera.
I would like to make some tests about that, but I only own P3P and not P3A... and there is a real big risk to brick all the stuff if the hack is incorrect ! I'm looking into fw to isolate the 4 different fw embedded, but it's not an easy task and really unsafe! And more, probably you get a warranty fly-away..

I want to clear that P3A and P3P has different firmware, due to camera differences. The camera manage bird main controller firmware update! So as it is, you can't flash P3X fw (for P3P) on a P3S (for P3A), unless you do some (hard) hack. It's easier "probably" to hack P3A to flash P3P fw in case you install on P3A a 4K camera.
I would like to make some tests about that, but I only own P3P and not P3A... and there is a real big risk to brick all the stuff if the hack is incorrect ! I'm looking into fw to isolate the 4 different fw embedded, but it's not an easy task and really unsafe! And more, probably you get a warranty fly-away..
You are wrong in some part, aircraft firmware is exactly the same, maybe only sdk disabled, the camera firmware is different.

I bet the camera internals are pretty much the same.

Again : fw are mostly identical for the RC, battery and aircarft main controller ! The difference is in the camera fw. HD and 4K camera doesn't share exactly same hardware. I'm going to think that sensors are different between the two.
You are probably right: is DJI Pilot App that disable features, not P3, but this is a just a thought.

Like blade(DJI Employee)Strike said above.. and already done by a user, To install a 4K(P3P) camera on the P3A.. All you need to do is install the 4k camera on the P3A and install the firmware for the Pro and the bird will instatly recognize it... No flashing no hacking crap.. No bricking.. Its just that simple people... Geez

Like blade(DJI Employee)Strike said above.. and already done by a user, To install a 4K(P3P) camera on the P3A.. All you need to do is install the 4k camera on the P3A and install the firmware for the Pro and the bird will instatly recognize it... No flashing no hacking crap.. No bricking.. Its just that simple people... Geez

Ah ok... if someone has confirmed, that's ok. Switching a P3P camera on P3A make it a P3P de facto.

so to recap it is possible to switch camera without problems, just switching the firmware from P3A to P3P.
Where do I get a P3P camera?

so to recap it is possible to switch camera without problems, just switching the firmware from P3A to P3P.
Where do I get a P3P camera?
Will be on sale soon, give it 2 more weeks. I plan to do the same to my p3A, got a p3 to test it and I love it, now I want the 4k edition. :)

You can just buy a broken 4k camera for a low price and take out the motherboard and put it on the HD camera. This way, you will have a 4k camera without having to check all the chips. I can take a check and tell you if they are the same.

Reactions: Nocept1
You can just buy a broken 4k camera for a low price and take out the motherboard and put it on the HD camera. This way, you will have a 4k camera without having to check all the chips. I can take a check and tell you if they are the same.
It's not the same, the 4k gimbal has a extra fan, without it the camara should burn easily....

So I've been offered a P3P camera for next to nothing and I'm tempted to take it and swap cameras and then upgrade the firmware to the Pro. I believe it must work because I owned the Inspire 1 with the X3 and when I added the X5 camera I then just used the Inspire 1 pro firmware and all is good.

How difficult is it to swap cameras over??

How difficult is it to swap cameras over?
It's a fairly simple process:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have a P3P that has a broken board. The camera etc. are all ok. I have bought a P3A with no camera and am going to fit the camera etc off myP3P. to that. I will let you know how I get on.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic