P3 Advanced with a 4k Camera

Actually, that's pretty promising. The Advanced is probably underclocked. Connectors look identical.

they don't have OTA updates via the app is maybe because they don't have a file transfer protocol for lightbridge
Of course they do. How else would one be able to remotely pull pics/video files off the bird and onto one's device ?

P3P has a small fan, that's the difference. My plan is to buy the P3A, upgrade the camera to P3P at some point and either keep the A camera as a backup or sell it. Not a photographer and have little use for 4k currently with no 4k devices.

LOl people just don't read.. The person who did this.. Confirmed that the 4K camera on the Advance does work and the App as well... No Issues... So there is only one clonclusion to be drawn from this... DJI is one hell of smart company... No wonder they are not supporting the Advance in the SDK from the Get go.... and why should they??? They want the extra $300 before people start realizing they are being fooled..

I'm confused. You bought either the P3A or the P3P based on your own personal reasons (use case, equipment, budget). How is DJI fooling anyone?

What personal preferences??? Since both units are the same and now its confirmed that you can swap the 4K.. camera.. There are really no personal preferences... Other than the fact if you want new features/early support then you have to spend the extra $$$.. Not bashing DJI, just saying they are a very smart company.

@ViperNuke You probably didn't get what we are talking about. The 4K camera will work for sure on both models. The problem arises for P3A as soon as a new firmware will get out... that is what I mean. I don't know if it will flash or fail (but I guess will not update camera).

BTW im gonna make it easy for everyone... I already own a P3P. So im gonna order the P3A off Amazon/Prime and swtich both Camera-gimbals.. Record the whole thing.. Step by step.. See if the P3P firmware will install in the advance with the 4K Camera on it and see if everything works... Then return the P3A to Amazon...

@ViperNuke You probably didn't get what we are talking about. The 4K camera will work for sure on both models. The problem arises for P3A as soon as a new firmware will get out... that is what I mean. I don't know if it will flash or fail (but I guess will not update camera).
Read my previous post.. We will soon find out...

What personal preferences??? Since both units are the same and now its confirmed that you can swap the 4K.. camera.. There are really no personal preferences... Other than the fact if you want new features/early support then you have to spend the extra $$$.. Not bashing DJI, just saying they are a very smart company.
Ok, I'll give you an example of my personal preferences. I bought a P3A. I preferred it over the P3P because it was cheaper, I don't care about 4K, and I like silver more than gold. Whether the camera can be switched out or not means little to me, and therefore I do not feel I was "fooled" into choosing one or the other. So I still remain confused by your original statement.

Ok, I'll give you an example of my personal preferences. I bought a P3A. I preferred it over the P3P because it was cheaper, I don't care about 4K, and I like silver more than gold. Whether the camera can be switched out or not means little to me, and therefore I do not feel I was "fooled" into choosing one or the other. So I still remain confused by your original statement.
You do realized, you can swap those stickers right?? My point was that the only different here is the fact that one shoots 4k and the other doesn't so many people would had probably go for the P3A since not many people care about 4K in this early stage.. So DJI took it a lil further with the SDK/Firmware etc... To me the only reason i got the P3P was the fact i wanted to get features/support first. I could careless about 4k or stickers colours...

I would bet the camera determines the identity. If the cam is an advanced cam, the bird is a P3A. If cam is a pro cam, the bird is a P3P. The real question is can you change the identity of the cam and how.

I would bet the camera determines the identity. If the cam is an advanced cam, the bird is a P3A. If cam is a pro cam, the bird is a P3P. The real question is can you change the identity of the cam and how.

That's a correct semplification ... Because is the camera that hold the firmware startup procedure, may be that is the camera that checks "P3S" or "P3X" !

That's a correct semplification ... Because is the camera that hold the firmware startup procedure, may be that is the camera that checks "P3S" or "P3X" !
Yes, should be that, Phantom firmware is exactly the same.

@ViperNuke

I would watch returning more than 1 or 2 phantoms to Amazon. I have seen a good number of people who kept returning expensive things and abusing the 30 day "anything goes" return policy post about having their Amazon accounts banned. Usually would happen on the third one it seemed. Would even refund your remaining Prime membership fees for the year.

Reactions: ViperNuke
@ViperNuke

I would watch returning more than 1 or 2 phantoms to Amazon. I have seen a good number of people who kept returning expensive things and abusing the 30 day "anything goes" return policy post about having their Amazon accounts banned. Usually would happen on the third one it seemed. Would even refund your remaining Prime membership fees for the year.
Don't worry this will be my first ever item that i return to Amazon for a refund in the last 10 years...

Confirmed?? It's been in the FAQ for weeks..

DJI is not hiding anything

Confirmed?? It's been in the FAQ for weeks..

DJI is not hiding anything

Where in the FAQ.. Does it say that you could swap the P3A camera with a P3P Camera?? Or where in the FAQ is mentioned that if you want early support for new features/SDK... You have to spend the extra $$$ and get a P3P instead of a P3A???

Where in the FAQ.. Does it say that you could swap the P3A camera with a P3P Camera?? Or where in the FAQ is mentioned that if you want early support for new features/SDK... You have to spend the extra $$$ and get a P3P instead of a P3A???

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showatt.php?attachmentid=7832151&d=1430690682
You can put the p3pro camera on the advanced. IMHO, if you were planning on doing this, you should have just gotten a pro.

The SDK will run on both the advanced and pro.. Dev's are just working with the pro currently.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl