P3 4k with wifi !!!

I note some different wording here in the spec:

Phantom 3 Pro - (Default altitude limit: 120 m above takeoff point)

Phantom 3 4k - (Software altitude limit: 120 m above takeoff point)

Wonder if there is an actual difference....

I note some different wording here in the spec:

Phantom 3 Pro - (Default altitude limit: 120 m above takeoff point)

Phantom 3 4k - (Software altitude limit: 120 m above takeoff point)

Wonder if there is an actual difference....

Default means it can be changed. Software would mean it's locked. Not sure why anybody would buy this over the P3A.

I will never buy the wifi version ever again. I had too many issues keeping signal/video during my flights with the P2V+

I'm glad I went out and bought the P3A. I'm sure if the P4 is a big increase I'll bite in. But no way I'd go back to the wifi setup.

Awaiting patiently for my P3A to arrive, interesting times ahead

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I will never buy the wifi version ever again. I had too many issues keeping signal/video during my flights with the P2V+

I'm glad I went out and bought the P3A. I'm sure if the P4 is a big increase I'll bite in. But no way I'd go back to the wifi setup.

Absolutely, they were the dark ages in comparison.

This is just a P3 Standard with the pro camera and VPS attached.
Interestingly it has only 480p live view.
It flies for longer because that's what the Standard does.
There is no change in height limits - just wording.
Lightbridge isn't under threat - put those conspiracy theories away.

This is obviously something the marketing department cooked up.
They've seen what a good seller the Pro model is and think it's a way to make more sales by offering another product for a buyer that wants something cheap but wants to have the "best" and thinks 4K is everything.

Reactions: Jongsun Lee
The P3P and P3A have a height limit of 500m. The Standard and P34k have a height limit of 120m. All from take off. What do you mean it's just wording? The max height has changed in the P3 range from 500m to 120m

It's just a marketing thing. It targets the people who want better video at a lower price. I see it as a beefed up standard rather then a watered down pro.

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

The P3P and P3A have a height limit of 500m. The Standard and P34k have a height limit of 120m. All from take off. What do you mean it's just wording? The max height has changed in the P3 range from 500m to 120m
No it hasn't - nothing's changed

According to the specs:
P3 Adv & Pro:Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level - 6000 m (Software altitude limit: 120 m above takeoff point)
P3S: Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level - 6000 m (Software altitude limit: 120 m above takeoff point)
The P3 has a user configurable limit that is by default set at 120m but the P3 can still ascend to 500 metres above homepoint.

So the P3P and P3A can go 380m higher than the P3S and P34K because it's not software limited to 120m. This would mean over the P3 range the height limit has changed from 500m to 120m.

Well at least we've got some more time now to be glad we have the most advanced p3. Unlike the experience I had where 5 days after getting my p2v+ they announced the p3...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers