P3 4k live view quality ?

Reaction score
Okay new to the forum here tried to search and did not see what I'm looking.

Recently purchased the p4 4k refurb. I noticed the live view is only 480p, was curious is there a way to improve the quality to say 720p possibly? The p3 s states in the specs that it has 720p live view.

Thanks in advance, this is my first dji but so far really enjoy it

Recently purchased the p4 4k refurb. I noticed the live view is only 480p, was curious is there a way to improve the quality to say 720p possibly? The p3 s states in the specs that it has 720p live view.
The specs for the P3-4k only say: Live View Quality - 480P @ 30fps
This has always been the case with that model.

Reactions: Nestmac
it will be what ever you have the film setting set to --- 2.7k or 4k , regardless if you are recording or not
I think you've misunderstood his question.
All the other P3 and P4 series get 720p live view (none are higher than that).
But the P3-4k is only 480p live view.. There is no way to change that.

Gotcha thanks, kinda strange to me that it would be less capable than the standard in that aspect. Thanks again

Would it ever be capable with a firmware update or something? I noticed they just came out with the 3se appears to be a little better.

That would be possible but I don't know for sure, I guess the 720p is possible only using Lightbridge and the P3 4K uses Wi-Fi, although the P3 SE on the specs says 720p over Wi-Fi.

Both standard and SE uses wifi and have 720p live view, why 4k is only 480p is a mystery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic