P2V+ Camera doesn't transmit image

Reaction score
Hello all. New to the forum. I've never had a problem with my P2V+ until now. The camera gimbal works perfect, and it will take pictures and videos from the phone app, but the camera vision isn't connecting to the phone. I've never had this problem before. I ensured the cables are connected, updated all firmware, tried re-pairing the wifi extender, tried a different phone and tried removing the SD card. No change. Any ideas? Thank you.

No,
You'll have to replace it, but extremely hard to find!
Good luck!

You can try this guy, but I'm not sure if he has any left?

Mike Holt
530-277-5366
( California time )

J Dot
:cool:

So I did the ping 192.168.1.10 test and sure enough the ping failed. From what I can research the bottom PCB Board wm301_dm368 in the wifi module is bad. All other pings passed.
Do I just try and find the board or replace the entire module?

That is it,
But try to find a V3 with vent holes and thermal paste. The one you showed was a v2 prone to overheat.

J Dot

Well you're right. These are nowhere to be found. DJI was absolutely useless. I may have to settle for the older version.

yeah,
Not many out there, unfortunately. I wish I had known, I'd have bought as many as I could.
Did you try mike?

J Dot

Ps, if you do decide to use version 2 wifi module, there are steps you can take to keep it working.
Look at thermal paste mod posts. By placing thermal paste , and heat sink or thermal pads to extend life of unit, secondly, if the one in your unit is a v3, just swap the cases out, insides are essentially the same. Hope this helps!

I have not called Mike yet. But will tomorrow.
If all it needs are cooling holes, seems those could be added easily?

Yeah,
You'd think, but the metal is so thin, can cause serious headaches, but can be done.
I've supplied a couple pics of the extra case I have, so you can see hole patterns!
IMG_0043.JPG

And a complete one
IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0042.JPG

Hope this helps!

J Dot

Also wanted to add ( the 3 square shaped recesses in the case ) is where you want to add thermal paste, to help dissipate heat better, so ICU does not overheat. Also it is good practice when you do any on the ground stuff with craft on, but no props, KEEP A FAN, on the craft to help keep it cool while it sits idle! ( transferring pics/vid or IMU CALIBRATION, things like that )

J Dot

Reactions: David Bruce Kerr
I'm still researching but there is a Flash fix that people have been having good success with.

What's/how does the flash fix work ? Is the module from the Phantom 3 the same ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj