P2V+ Camera doesn't transmit image

I bought a new module. It's on its way. I'll install it, and make sure everything works. Then it's going up for sale. Maybe I'll get money back, but better then a having a drone sitting around I can't use. Not sure I'll ever buy a DJI again. I would be good if they would at least address the issue and make it so P2V+ owners had a solution. Very bad business.

I bought a new module. It's on its way. I'll install it, and make sure everything works. Then it's going up for sale. Maybe I'll get money back, but better then a having a drone sitting around I can't use. Not sure I'll ever buy a DJI again. I would be good if they would at least address the issue and make it so P2V+ owners had a solution. Very bad business.
I don't know if is bad business or not but not company support any product after one year. That's standard business practices. Unless you paid for extended support.

I have no issue paying for additional support at this point. My problem is the way DJI customer support treated the issue. I was basically told I was on my own, with no solution for my problem because my 2 1/2 year old, $1200 drone was obsolete. I'm sorry...but that's bad business.

I would say it was more of a " PARTS SUPPLY " situation, many things go obsolete over time, just a part of life, but I can still buy parts for a 1965 chevy pickup, so that being said, I understand and so should everyone, nothing lasts forever, especially circuitry, I know stuff will fail over time, I get that, but parts should be made available to us, that is where I'd say the problem lies, I don't mind buying new parts or fixing my crafts, but when parts are not avail, or not avail at a reasonable price, it is frustrating! DJI, should have made parts avail to those who have purchased any of their products, or are a repair shop, for ALL models new and old! keep em ALL ALIVE!

J Dot
:cool:

Yep. Completely agree. I don't expect to have parts available for ever, but when there is a known issue such as this one, the parts should be made available for a period of time, especially for more than 3 years. Don't think this issue was well known 2-3 years ago, but when discovered, DJI should have covered the parts issue for a period of acceptable time. These things aren't cheap!!

Can you fit a phantom 2 camera to a phantom 3 ?

No, unfortunately they don't swap out!
I wish they did, but motherboards in crafts are different, as they did away with the wifi modules on the crafts for the plus, although the p3s is a beefed up 2+, lol. ( in my opinion )! Too bad , with all my cameras, I would have had a bunch of p3's!:)

J Dot

It's a P3 basic version. It doesn't connect via cable it's still wifi. Will this still work ?

Still different my friend,
As the wifi is part of the main board now, and no way to hook them up, wiring is different, and boards are different. Can someone with electronic engineering degree do it? Possibly, but most likely not worth it! Why not just replace the p3 camera? Why would you want to downgrade to a 2? The p3 camera units are much better, image quality about the same, but internals are better. Just wondering?
If you need a replacement p3s camera unit at a good price, with warrantee, I have a friend who can help you out!
Let me know!

J Dot

I bought a 2nd hand P2 vision +. But the live view doesn't work. Annoyed. I saw a P3 with controller and thought I might be able to fit my P2 camera on it. Thanks for the input.

Reactions: J Dot
Update: I bought a new wifi module, installed it, re-bound to the new MAC address and everything works perfect again. The module I bought is the newer V3 with the cooling holes. It's amazing how hot that thing gets. Thanks again to all for the help.

i found a fix!!
the problem in wifi module from older versions is the memory!!
(same problem like me on monday)
my phantom 2 vision + was working fine!!!! untill i not used it for a long time.
telemetry and worked and i could move the camera.
BUT NO IMAGE ON THE APP. THIS WORKS!!!!

so the fix comes for 1.38 EURO!!!! instead of buying a new wifi module
and you need some soldering!! and steady hands!!
see discription here:

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Plus Blank Screen Corrupt NAND fix

here they use a Tinksky FT232RL FTDI USB2.0 to TTL Serial Converter Adapter ,
i used a different from ali express:
FT232RL FT232 USB to TTL 5 V 3.3 V

new 1PCS FT232RL FT232 USB TO TTL 5V 3.3V Download Cable To Serial Adapter Module For Ardui USB TO 232 in new 1PCS FT232RL FT232 USB TO TTL 5V 3.3V Download Cable To Serial Adapter Module For Ardui USB TO 232 van Geïntegreerde Schakelingen op AliExpress.com | Alibaba Groep

so i used 3.3V for the jumper (on the ttl adapter) and you dont need 12V + ground on the bottom connection like on the picture here.!!!!!!!!

be aware (that the connection on every ttl module is different!!!) TX GOES ON RX

AND TX GOES ON RX!! 5V and GNRD you also need to connect!!

D4D_Y_az-rq-E69gWIgptddh6Y5vVbIUpUe_ZaX5rHuBouba47jrQfSNZaJ8IuONBo7AJRM=w1175

follow the instructions in the link.
and you are back with live fpv!!!!!

good luck!!

Update: I bought a new wifi module, installed it, re-bound to the new MAC address and everything works perfect again. The module I bought is the newer V3 with the cooling holes. It's amazing how hot that thing gets. Thanks again to all for the help.

So, is it possible to replace the v2 wifi module for a v3 wifi module in a P2VP v2?

HI Dynamike,

Thanks for the additional FYIs added to my tutorial. I'm glad this has helped some people!

Any other questions or recommended changes to the instructions, please let me know. Happy to help out (I'm in the US). I am up to ~20 repaired modules now with 2 or 3 that couldn't be repaired.

Cheers!

i found a fix!!
the problem in wifi module from older versions is the memory!!
(same problem like me on monday)
my phantom 2 vision + was working fine!!!! untill i not used it for a long time.
telemetry and worked and i could move the camera.
BUT NO IMAGE ON THE APP. THIS WORKS!!!!

so the fix comes for 1.38 EURO!!!! instead of buying a new wifi module
and you need some soldering!! and steady hands!!
see discription here:

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Plus Blank Screen Corrupt NAND fix

here they use a Tinksky FT232RL FTDI USB2.0 to TTL Serial Converter Adapter ,
i used a different from ali express:
FT232RL FT232 USB to TTL 5 V 3.3 V

new 1PCS FT232RL FT232 USB TO TTL 5V 3.3V Download Cable To Serial Adapter Module For Ardui USB TO 232 in new 1PCS FT232RL FT232 USB TO TTL 5V 3.3V Download Cable To Serial Adapter Module For Ardui USB TO 232 van Geïntegreerde Schakelingen op AliExpress.com | Alibaba Groep

so i used 3.3V for the jumper (on the ttl adapter) and you dont need 12V + ground on the bottom connection like on the picture here.!!!!!!!!

be aware (that the connection on every ttl module is different!!!) TX GOES ON RX

AND TX GOES ON RX!! 5V and GNRD you also need to connect!!

D4D_Y_az-rq-E69gWIgptddh6Y5vVbIUpUe_ZaX5rHuBouba47jrQfSNZaJ8IuONBo7AJRM=w1175

follow the instructions in the link.
and you are back with live fpv!!!!!

good luck!!

HI Dynamike,

Thanks for the additional FYIs added to my tutorial. I'm glad this has helped some people!

Any other questions or recommended changes to the instructions, please let me know. Happy to help out (I'm in the US). I am up to ~20 repaired modules now with 2 or 3 that couldn't be repaired.

Cheers!

I'm up to 11 and making a bit of money doing it as a sideline, still get the odd one that won't work no matter what i try.

Reactions: TexasBoy
I have a chance to buy a p3s at a steal of a deal since it doesn't connect to the controller. My question is can I use the wifi module from the P3S in my P2V+?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20