P2V+ binding range extender without camera

Reaction score
Have swapped over P2V+ shell after crash - Gimbal & camera totalled. I have 5.8 control all connected & working but can anyone tell me if I absolutely need to have camera & gimbal installed to bind the 2.4Ghz wi-Fi system in order to get satellite locks - Battery info Wi-Fi info to fly without the camera being attached?
Thanks

i think it should lock either way
Yep - that's what I thought but it won't - I had planned to fly it to test it out BEFORE attaching either stock gimbal & camera ( EXPENSIVE) or Go-Pro with appropriate gimbal but unless I get satellite locks - NOT gonna happen

The wifi extender gives you video and telementry data only. Does not effect GPS or home lock. You just won't be able to see the number of satellites connected but looking at the rear LED you can tell when you have 6+ satellites and when the rear Led's fast flash green you have home lock too. Ok then to fly visual.

With one green and three red you are not getting enough satellites... Says three connected getting two red you have four and one red you have five.. All green fast flashing you have 6+ and have home lock.

May take a couple of minutes to gather the satellites positions. Wait a couple of minutes to see if it changes. If it stays there plug into the assistant and see if you are getting any errors.

Last edited:
The wifi extender gives you video and telementry data only. Does not effect GPS or home lock. You just won't be able to see the number of satellites connected but looking at the rear LED you can tell when you have 6+ satellites and when the rear Led's fast flash green you have home lock too. Ok then to fly visual.
OK so I have the control 5.8 working fine.
I cannot get the 2.4hz Wi-Fi to come up on my device - So I guess it won't register satellites or # of satellites - Doesn't show battery % either - would this be correct? That would mean I need the whole gimbal/camera attached ???? Or do I have some other problem as I have the Wi-Fi extender recognized but just doesn't come up on the tablet

Thou said the camera and gimbal were toast so I assume you only are flying the quad. Without the camera connected you will not get telementry or any video information even if you could connect to the wifi.

In essence you have a quad that you can fly visual and can tell that you have satellites by the rear led colors and flashing.

Thou said the camera and gimbal were toast so I assume you only are flying the quad. Without the camera connected you will not get telementry or any video information even if you could connect to the wifi.

In essence you have a quad that you can fly visual and can tell that you have satellites by the rear led colors and flashing.
***Thanks my friend appreciate the info - test it out today***

Yep - that's what I thought but it won't - I had planned to fly it to test it out BEFORE attaching either stock gimbal & camera ( EXPENSIVE) or Go-Pro with appropriate gimbal but unless I get satellite locks - NOT gonna happen

Because you have removed the gimbal, the wifi module will not have power.
You can however redirect 1 cable inside the phantom to power up the wifi module. This will then give you telemetry - sat counts, battery levels, altitude, speed etc.

If you dont have original gimbal and camera you should connect 6pin cable from WIFI to the CAM port and you will get telemetry in your app.

But you should have GPS if it blinks green, just you dont know how much satellites, I have flown like that at first.

Because you have removed the gimbal, the wifi module will not have power.
You can however redirect 1 cable inside the phantom to power up the wifi module. This will then give you telemetry - sat counts, battery levels, altitude, speed etc.
Flew successfully - but as I mentioned NO telemetry - Can you tell me what cable to redirect to power up the WiFi module?
Thanks in advance

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31