P2 v2 clarification

Reaction score
So for all you non-vision owners that have the upgraded p2, do your ESCs have 2.0 or 2.1 on the sticker?

Neither of my P2v2's had any numbers and I'm simply curious as to what others are seeing as I had to RMA my bird due to a suddenly rapid landing.

Just wondering...

Re: P2 v2 clarification

My V2 had blank. This was purchased in Nov 2014.
It's concerning.
The V3 guys have had reports of failed ESC's and discovered that early models have the culprit Blank ESC's. These as per the documentation from the 2312 upgrade pack clearly states that the blank ESC are NOT designed for the new 2312 motors.
file.php

I do find it very weird that no has reported in the P2 Non Vision sub forum.

Mako79 said:
My V2 had blank. This was purchased in Nov 2014.
It's concerning.
The V3 guys have had reports of failed ESC's and discovered that early models have the culprit Blank ESC's. These as per the documentation from the 2312 upgrade pack clearly states that the blank ESC are NOT designed for the new 2312 motors.
file.php

I do find it very weird that no has reported in the P2 Non Vision sub forum.

What did u do with yours? Do u still have it?

emailed DJI.
I have 2 Phantoms.
I've re-rigged my old trusty Vision + to use a H33D and go pro.

Let me get this straight u have a P2 h33d and P2V+ v3.0?.

But u emailed DJI and what happened? Did the cables burn or u just didn't fly it so that it wouldn't break?

I replied on the other thread but its good to have a count in the Phantom (non vision) forum. Count me in as a Phantom 2 v2.0 owner that doesnt have a v number next to the QR code.

Oddly, have any of you other Phantom 2 v2.0 owners heard of our birds dropping like the vision+ owners?

phenom3030 said:
I replied on the other thread but its good to have a count in the Phantom (non vision) forum. Count me in as a Phantom 2 v2.0 owner that doesnt have a v number next to the QR code.

Oddly, have any of you other Phantom 2 v2.0 owners heard of our birds dropping like the vision+ owners?

Sorry my ignorance but u have a P2 v2.0 no ESC version and flying fine? How many flights?

Eltrochaphantom said:
Let me get this straight u have a P2 h33d and P2V+ v3.0?.

But u emailed DJI and what happened? Did the cables burn or u just didn't fly it so that it wouldn't break?

I have the Vision plus (Ver2) with the old motors and non tilt remote.
They haven't got back to me. I've packed her up and will wait till the dust lifts. I know DJI will probably have a spin doctor, "you were aware of the faults and still flew it" and try and flip it on me after a crash in the ocean.

But then if that's the case then u shouldn't have a problem cause it is the v2.0 and not the 3.0

Eltrochaphantom said:
phenom3030 said:

Sorry my ignorance but u have a P2 v2.0 no ESC version and flying fine? How many flights?

I have about 10 or so flights on it. No issues where its just fallen from the sky. And yes, I have a Phantom 2 v2.0 purchased 30NOV, with 2312 motors but the ESCs dont have a "vX.X" next to the QR code.
And its been flying fine...for now. But with all the reports and after seeing the package insert with the chart showing motor/ESC compatabilty I'm war y to take it out flying now...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,007.4 KB · Views: 581
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    679.4 KB · Views: 561
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    674.9 KB · Views: 569

Ignore the message I just sent u. Sorry. Get a little anxious sometimes

Eltrochaphantom said:
But then if that's the case then u shouldn't have a problem cause it is the v2.0 and not the 3.0

Never mind..
Just to clarify...
I have 2 phantoms. A vision plus Ver2 and A P2 non vision ver 2. The P2 Ver2 has the blank ESC's. This is the one I'm packing up. The vision plus is now rigged with the H3-3D and gopro.

SORRY. IT IS VERY LATE IN MY COUNTRY, SO.....

BUT R U HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE P2 V2.0?

phenom3030 said:
Eltrochaphantom said:
phenom3030 said:

I have about 10 or so flights on it. No issues where its just fallen from the sky. And yes, I have a Phantom 2 v2.0 purchased 30NOV, with 2312 motors but the ESCs dont have a "vX.X" next to the QR code.
And its been flying fine...for now. But with all the reports and after seeing the package insert with the chart showing motor/ESC compatabilty I'm war y to take it out flying now...

My setup exactly. Purchased late December. Flew fine a couple of times and the rapidly descended during landing. At DJI In LA right now. I asked the techs to check it out.

Sadly, the guy on the phone, who totally understood, said that for warranty repair they have to replace like with like components. So they couldn't install updated ESCs as part of the RMA. I'll double check with the tech when they actually open it up, but if that's true we definitely have to go through the actual seller.

I'll keep everyone on this thread updated. Thanks for posting all of your replies.

Now, I'll ask a follow up: Are there any P2 v2 owners out there WITH 2.0 or 2.1 white stickers on their ESCs?

I AM QUITE SURE THAT THERE ARE. NOT FULLY CONFIRMED.

Why didn't u go directly through seller? Much better than DJI

Eltrochaphantom said:
I AM QUITE SURE THAT THERE ARE. NOT FULLY CONFIRMED.

Why didn't u go directly through seller? Much better than DJI

Amazon wouldn't do a full refund/exchange because there was damage, and this was immediately before reading about the ESC. Supplier wouldn't initially do anything because the order was fulfilled by Amazon (vs 3rd party). So, in my haste, I called on DJI. I'm going to contact Amazon tomorrow about the issue now that I'm armed with some information. At the very least, I have to try and get an extension on refund time frame because we know DJI won't be quick :(

Reoscorpio said:
Now, I'll ask a follow up: Are there any P2 v2 owners out there WITH 2.0 or 2.1 white stickers on their ESCs?
Yes. I have a mix of 2.1 (with 2.1 on the label) and 2.0 (without 2.0 on the label) -- if you follow

I bought my P2 v2.0 USED from B&H delivered on the 5th. it has version 2.0 ESC in it...While I was in there, I separated the wires going to the motors to have some sort of piece of mind about them not melting and shorting out. On a side note, It did come with the old battery and non upgradable firmware...Huh...Now for the pics.
BOX

The ESC's

and the wires

TOP and BOTTOM

Crap, my box looks like biggunzz but my ESC's don't have the vX.X label... :|

I have the non compatible ESCs in my Phantom 2 purchased in November. It has been crashed twice and the ESCs are functioning properly with no obvious signs of problems.

Now this does not mean that one of them wont fail sometime in the next few weeks/months. But as of right now no problems.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl