Overlaying Flight route on Google Earth

What exactly are you trying to do?

I read in another post that this can be done. I figured there's a way to overlay your flight route in Google Earth or maps. I am not quite sure what I am talking about, that's why I'm asking.

I do not use Litchi.

I read in another post that this can be done
Please link the post so we can see what you're referring to. Or, if it makes more sense, reply to that thread instead.

I figured there's a way to overlay your flight route in Google Earth or maps. I am not quite sure what I am talking about, that's why I'm asking.
Use the Phantom Help flight log viewer if you just want to see your route. If you want to keep that route. Download the .csv and create a KML file to overlay.

Reactions: Oso
I've heard this can be done. Can someone guide me there? (P4P v2)
I just download (from healthy drones or Mike's phantom help flight log viewer) my flights as a .kml file and then open the .kml file in Google Earth. Nothing too complicated really.

EDIT: @Fly Dawg said the same thing above. Sorry for repeating sir. :)

Sorry for repeating sir.
Actually you weren't repeating. Those files are KMZ files. Basically the same really, but I make my own from Excel and customize the points during the flight.;)

So, did you figure out what it is that you want to try? Are you attempting to overlay data from your flight logs in Google Earth?

OK, I'm looking at the list of Flight Data (ALL). I have the controller connected to my computer but it does not show up on the desktop. I can load one flight and see the route against the preloaded maps on my controller screen (P4P+). Tapping the only obvious icon only let's me 'share' on social media. There is no download option anywhere. I have the controller connected to my computer but it does not show up on the desktop. How do I get the flight files to my computer?

Got it, thanks Dawg. So now have some .txt files. What do I do with them? (a first time for everything).

Last edited:
What do I do with them?
Upload to this link. ( You can only do one at a time ). Once you upload, you will see the flight profile. Then you can download the .csv file from the downloads shown on the page. And/Or you can download the KMZ which is directly viewable in GE.

Log Viewer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing