Over 13600ft distance fly

LMC

Reaction score
First, thanks to PVFlyer's software wifi booster.
Second, thanks to FPVlr's antenna for my P2V+ & P2.

S/W booster: PVFlyer Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range on plane
H/W booster:Sunhans 5.8G 1W & 2.4G 2.5W on RC
Antenna:
FPVLR RHCP 5.8 GHz Pentalobe V.2 1.9dbi on plane
FPVLR RHCP 5.8 GHZ 8 turns Helical on RC
FPVLR LHCP 6.5 Turns 12.9dBi Helical on RC
click

a6777015-246-14189317781_d6ec59a2c6_z.jpg

a6777016-38-14005940329_46acf42f99_z.jpg

Modularized design can mount or replace antenna anytime.

Side recorder video
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzF48-Tpgc[/youtube]

Fly video
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0YlofzNYSY[/youtube]

with all of that, did you really need the booster app? it would be nice to get that distance but good lord, that's a lot of equipment!

tizzl10 said:
with all of that, did you really need the booster app? it would be nice to get that distance but good lord, that's a lot of equipment!

Yes,like a 2.4G wifi booster setting on plane.

LMC said:
tizzl10 said:

Yes,like a 2.4G wifi booster setting on plane.

ahh..yes, of course..i keep forgetting wifi video is two way comms.

LMC said:
First, thanks to PVFlyer's software wifi booster.
Second, thanks to FPVlr's antenna for my P2V+ & P2.

S/W booster: PVFlyer Vision+ Wi-Fi Booster DOUBLE FPV Range on plane
H/W booster:Sunhans 5.8G 1W & 2.4G 2.5W on RC
Antenna:
FPVLR RHCP 5.8 GHz Pentalobe V.2 1.9dbi on plane
FPVLR RHCP 5.8 GHZ 8 turns Helical on RC
FPVLR LHCP 6.5 Turns 12.9dBi Helical on RC
click

a6777015-246-14189317781_d6ec59a2c6_z.jpg

Modularized design can mount or replace antenna anytime.

Side recorder video
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzF48-Tpgc[/youtube]

Fly video
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0YlofzNYSY[/youtube]

What does s/w and h/w mean?

-do you know of any videos that show how to install the antenna on the drone?
-you have only one antenna on the wifi extender. I'm curious as to why you did not choose to have another on there. would it even help?
-and is the antenna on your wifi extender directional?
would you be willing to post or do a quick video explaining what everything is and they work together:
- for example: "this first thing is a RHCP 5.8 GHz Pentalobe V.2 1.9dbi antenna on the plane that ….. and works with the RHCP 5.8 GHz 8 turn helical on the RC. The 8 turn Helical on the RC is hooked into the Sunhans ???? thats powered by ??? battery purchased at …."
-----------(fpvlr is out of stock on the battery or you have to solder or something smh).
"the LHCP 6.5 turns 12.9 rbi Helical is connected to the Sunhans ???? and uses ….. battery purchased at. It is omni directional and boosted my fpv range by … i chose not to use a second antenna on the wifi extender because….. blah blah blah" you get where I'm going.
us rookies are taking shots in the dark buying these things. i've been searching the web constantly looking for this info and got no results. there are videos that open up the phantom 2 vision camera but not the P2V plus. and as far as info on the antennas, ie. which ones are directional and omni directional etc. the descriptions on fpvlr.com are "short" to put it nicely. thats why i was hoping you could share some of your knowledge. i saw a nice video that explained different antennas but the names he used are not on fpvlr.com
thank you

neoneo said:
-do you know of any videos that show how to install the antenna on the drone?
-you have only one antenna on the wifi extender. I'm curious as to why you did not choose to have another on there. would it even help?
-and is the antenna on your wifi extender directional?
would you be willing to post or do a quick video explaining what everything is and they work together:
- for example: "this first thing is a RHCP 5.8 GHz Pentalobe V.2 1.9dbi antenna on the plane that ….. and works with the RHCP 5.8 GHz 8 turn helical on the RC. The 8 turn Helical on the RC is hooked into the Sunhans ???? thats powered by ??? battery purchased at …."
-----------(fpvlr is out of stock on the battery or you have to solder or something smh).
"the LHCP 6.5 turns 12.9 rbi Helical is connected to the Sunhans ???? and uses ….. battery purchased at. It is omni directional and boosted my fpv range by … i chose not to use a second antenna on the wifi extender because….. blah blah blah" you get where I'm going.
us rookies are taking shots in the dark buying these things. i've been searching the web constantly looking for this info and got no results. there are videos that open up the phantom 2 vision camera but not the P2V plus. and as far as info on the antennas, ie. which ones are directional and omni directional etc. the descriptions on fpvlr.com are "short" to put it nicely. thats why i was hoping you could share some of your knowledge. i saw a nice video that explained different antennas but the names he used are not on fpvlr.com
thank you

This is very useful viedo to you.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bbF77Y1KTE[/youtube]

There are 5 Ar.Drone2 11.1V battery and charger I have ,so I cut sunhans's 2 power adapter cable and solder them together with the battery.

HOLY BUCKETS ... That is a clusters f..k you have there saying this in a humorous way kudos to you for getting something like that done. I believe this is the longest flight distance I have read about.

what was the total cost of that insulation?

Garysam said:
HOLY BUCKETS ... That is a clusters f..k you have there saying this in a humorous way kudos to you for getting something like that done. I believe this is the longest flight distance I have read about.

what was the total cost of that insulation?

Just for fun. Cost not important. :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic