dptcalvin's P2 build

capodrone81 said:
i just ordered some dji part no 4 replacement legs for vision + as well as the antistatic leg ..

I'm hoping the pic you just posted wishing for a sleeker fit will be resolved once i install the newer vision plus legs to my non vision p2...fingers crosses..

good call on checking the depth of the 20mm screws.. scary close to circuit board. might want to grab some m3 16mm x8 and some m3 18mm x8 this way you can check to see which you like best and avoid any further flying disruptions....

Interested to know if those new legs add the same kind of extra length.
I got the antistatic legs as standard with mine, but guessing there's a potential difference between normal P2 and V+ ones?

DJI need to sort their bundles out for times like this. If you order the P2 + H3-3D, give a model with longer gear as standard.
They need to update just about everything else as well anyway, all the docs I got didn't reference the new style control, or the box!

So after ordering some 18mm screws and them arriving as 20mm, (which I already tried) I ordered some 16mm while seeing if I could get the 18's exchanged. 16's arrived tonight and they're perfect, so sticking with those.

I reworked my cabling inside the P2, swapped positions of the canbus and iOSD, but I'm after some feedback on whether this is ok really.
Cables are all grouped close to (even closer after I put the top on) to the main power solder points.

thoughts?

Also, I only have the stock antenna for the IRC, at the moment, and it's down the same leg and close to one of the transmitter antenna. Is that going to be a problem?
Different frequencies I know, but not sure if things being that close is ok.

Slowly getting there!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426710329.271018.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426710329.271018.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 421
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426710441.185834.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426710441.185834.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 405
picture 1 i used electrical tape around the vtx wires yellow red black etc...seemed to help, i was having some rolling lines across my fpv screen but after re routing cabling and using electrical tape seemed to help...i also rerouted the wiring along the side of the body as much as i could, instead of having the wiring sit directly ontop of power.

the last picture i was told by another member to relocate the antenna to the front left leg , i have flown with no issues like your picture, but was told it is better off to relocate.. I'm wondering if the antenna is even long enough to relocate to the front left leg... if you decide to attempt to please let me know if its long enough so i don't waste my time if not...

looking at the 2 antennas, although separate frequencies, it seems like to me it could be a problem.. but i don't know how frequencies work to really know.

capodrone81 said:
the last picture i was told by another member to relocate the antenna to the front left leg , i have flown with no issues like your picture, but was told it is better off to relocate.. I'm wondering if the antenna is even long enough to relocate to the front left leg... if you decide to attempt to please let me know if its long enough so i don't waste my time if not...

looking at the 2 antennas, although separate frequencies, it seems like to me it could be a problem.. but i don't know how frequencies work to really know.

There's not really enough slack (on mine anyway,) to reroute it to the front legs.
I can kind of sit it in place so it sticks out a vent, but there's not enough to put it through the leg. Maybe you can take the antenna off and gain a bit more slack that way, but it's put together in a way so the cable points backwards.
Probably better to have one at the front and one at the back anyway so it gets reception whichever way your fly.

Just guess I'll have to get some new antenna that I can point out the side :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426719090.409128.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426719090.409128.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 359
capodrone81 said:
picture 1 i used electrical tape around the vtx wires yellow red black etc...seemed to help, i was having some rolling lines across my fpv screen but after re routing cabling and using electrical tape seemed to help...i also rerouted the wiring along the side of the body as much as i could, instead of having the wiring sit directly ontop of power.

I'll try doing this again as well. I had the iOSD sat on the board before but thought it might be too close to the power. The canbus is smaller so thought it might be better.

Mount the iosd in the front between shell and usb port.

Im just going to leave antenna in rear until i can figure out another idea to seperate it from vtx antenna..

Zero issues here with the vTx antenna being next to the P2's antenna. Been flying over 1000 meters...*knock on wood*

dptcalvin said:
Zero issues here with the vTx antenna being next to the P2's antenna. Been flying over 1000 meters...*knock on wood*

good enough for me .... :mrgreen:

I would love to do these things to my Phantoms. Unfortunately, because I sometimes make money from them, I sometimes fly where I may not get the bird back, such as over water. Therefore, I try to keep it as "cheap" as possible. Still, I'd love those leg extensions if they didn't cost so darn much.

adanac said:
I would love to do these things to my Phantoms. Unfortunately, because I sometimes make money from them, I sometimes fly where I may not get the bird back, such as over water. Therefore, I try to keep it as "cheap" as possible. Still, I'd love those leg extensions if they didn't cost so darn much.

If you have a 3D printer, or access to one, the plans are available for free as well. Gotta make it a bit cheaper. Id have done that if I'd known before making my order as there's a ton of places that do 3d printing around my offices.

adanac said:

Im scratching my head with this post. The leg extensions add about $60 to the cost of the phantom?

Your willing to lose the phantom but for $60 extra that would make it hurt more if it was lost?

Just buy them.....its 60 bucks who cares, id be more upset if the phantom and go pro sank. :?: :ugeek:

The answer is yes, the leg extensions "add about $60 to the cost of the Phantom." Each enhancement adds more value to the cost of the bird so I fly with as few expensive add-ons as I can. I already have the mini-iOSD, IRC VTX, etc. I see things in this thread I'd love but can't justify it.

capodrone81 said:
adanac said:

Im scratching my head with this post. The leg extensions add about $60 to the cost of the phantom?

Your willing to lose the phantom but for $60 extra that would make it hurt more if it was lost?

Just buy them.....its 60 bucks who cares, id be more upset if the phantom and go pro sank. :?: :ugeek:

adanac said:
Therefore, I try to keep it as "cheap" as possible

From your sig - H3-3D, GoPro3, IRC600mW, mini iOSD, Futaba R2008SB/T8J

You're not doing a very good job. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Actually, it would be easy to make some out of starboard.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1