FPVLR antennas + wifi booster app = 2.6 mile distance flight

Reaction score
just broke my personal distance record..will upload video later.

Sunhans 2.4ghz amp
FPVLR 2.4ghz LHCP helix disc antenna
Sunhans 5.8ghz amp
5.8ghz panel antenna
PVFlyer's wifi booster app V2
FPVLR dual output 12v battery to power both amps
FPVLR 2.4ghz pinwheel antennas

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33llJYw_ZIs[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tHFNfUqF24[/youtube]

Attachments

• 2.6miles.jpg
    2.6miles.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 1,919
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,754
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 2,057
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 1,857
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 1,735
Re: FPVLR antennas + wifi booster app = 2.6 mile distance fl

Congrats!

No video?

flyNfrank said:
Congrats!

No video?

its a boring video..lol..but ill upload it as soon as I sync it with flytrex and upload to the tube.

Rather then pulling out the calculator, please explain how you were able to go 13134.4 feet in under 4 minutes, and only use 25% of your battery? Btw, it's the battery part that surprises me.

flyNfrank said:
Rather then pulling out the calculator, please explain how you were able to go 13134.4 feet in under 4 minutes, and only use 25% of your battery? Btw, it's the battery part that surprises me.

ill let the video explain it, Frank. its not hard to do..

What kinda sunhans booster on the 2.4ghz ?

tizzl10 said:

Sunhans 2.4ghz amp
Sunhans 5.8ghz amp
5.8ghz panel antenna
**** Bro!!! Congrats! I'm actually glad to see both your setup and FPVLR's antenna get some validation at this range... especially since my setup will soon be identical once I receive the two pinwheels.. ;) speaking of which, Tony did mine ship yet? :)

Thanks Tony...

JT - did you fly until signal loss? Which signal lost first? How badly were your hands shaking? lol

thanks for the replies guys..ill try to answer all questions..

this was my very first run after installing the sunhans 2.4 amplifier that I had on my old phantom vision. I just recently upgraded to FPVLR's pinwheels installed on the phantom and figured I would take the amp off my regular vision and stick it on my vision+ controller to match the RHCP of the pinwheels.

Signal throughout the entire flight was rock solid until towards the end of the flight. Never have I flow this distance with full video throughout the entire flight. Even at the end of the flight I had full video but decided to initiate RTH because I wanted to gauge battery capacity at end of flight (at return flight landing still had 38% battery left). Surprisingly, which has never happened before, you will see on the end of flight I started to lose 5.8ghz control. You will see the quad dipping forward and backwards trying to regain the signal from my 5.8 antenna ...eventually it reconnects and I manually fly home.

srandall25 said:
Thanks Tony...

JT - did you fly until signal loss? Which signal lost first? How badly were your hands shaking? lol

hands this time were pretty much steady...lol..I cant explain why it comes and goes on my flights. I was still shaking a bit though..just not as bad. I think it was because of my solid wifi signal and I didn't have to worry about which way my bird was pointing.

tizzl10 said:
srandall25 said:
Thanks Tony...

hands this time were pretty much steady...lol..I cant explain why it comes and goes on my flights. I was still shaking a bit though..just not as bad. I think it was because of my solid wifi signal and I didn't have to worry about which way my bird was pointing.
What firmware are you using? 3.06? Also, did you fly via ATTI mode on the entire return trip? What were the wind conditions going out and on return? Max altitude?

tizzl10 said:

Sunhans 2.4ghz amp
Sunhans 5.8ghz amp
5.8ghz panel antenna

Can you post a photo of the front and back of your controller? I have close to the same upgrades as you and I am trying to figure out the best way to organize.

FPVLR said:
look what I found!
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33llJYw_ZIs[/youtube]

Nice 'Vette Tizzl! :lol:

lol thanks Tony.

FPVLR said:
tizzl10 said:

Sunhans 2.4ghz amp
Sunhans 5.8ghz amp
5.8ghz panel antenna

Congratulations!
Tizzl, I am happy for your new found range. Please let me know what is the weak point now, if you are running out of control or fpv range. I will help you get the record with some free stuff.

Tony.

Wow..thanks Tony. It appears that now my 5.8ghz control signal is the weakest link. Then again, I wasn't really paying attention to my 5.8 panel antenna orientation during the flight because it has never been an issue until now. I will fly again today to see if I lose control signal again. Im just using a cheapo panel antenna from amazon.

tizzl10 said:
Wow..thanks Tony. It appears that now my 5.8ghz control signal is the weakest link. Then again, I wasn't really paying attention to my 5.8 panel antenna orientation during the flight because it has never been an issue until now. I will fly again today to see if I lose control signal again. Im just using a cheapo panel antenna from amazon.

Congrats man! Yep, those panels will demand your full attention but they are worth it....

Very nice! I think between the 2 of us we will get Tonys antennas on top of the distance charts on flytrex!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers