Over 14700ft fly

Would really appreciate if you have time to go ovee what ypur have learnt abput lipos and max time? I Fully accept responsibility (for my phantom) if your advice turns out bad lol :)

how are you discharging to 0%???

Btw when mine gets to 15% it doesnt drop but goes down fairly fast... seems like some safety feature.. and then props stop.. you can start back up but it really really wants to lqnd/turn off props. I have disabled all battery related auto land/RTH features in assistant and phone app.. or am I perhaps letting it try go down at 15% and not holding full throttle.. can be hardish landing.. annoys me because I had it all disabled..well so I thought.

happens both batteries at at exactly 15%

ToThePoint said:
Txturbo said:
Wow.....mine doesn't last that long. What is the total flight time for a flight that long?

I did a 23000ft flight in 18 min if you aren't counting warm up and coming in.
I've seen someone also stating a +50% battery left after a 13 or 1400ft flight.
You have to know how to deal with the lipo's to get the max capacity in them.
Check what they are up to in the assistant.
If they are less the 5200mah then deplete it to 0% and rechange.
Check again.
A lipo doesn't have its full capacity when it starts off.
It takes about 10 charges to reach max, know how to do maintenance on them.
After i learned how to do it they went up from 5mah to 5,8 mah.
A lot of contradicting info can be found on how to treat a lipo.
I am still experimenting with them so i am not a 100% sure on what my final treatment shall be.

justin00 said:
Would really appreciate if you have time to go ovee what ypur have learnt abput lipos and max time? I Fully accept responsibility (for my phantom) if your advice turns out bad lol :)

how are you discharging to 0%???

Btw when mine gets to 15% it doesnt drop but goes down fairly fast... seems like some safety feature.. and then props stop.. you can start back up but it really really wants to lqnd/turn off props. I have disabled all battery related auto land/RTH features in assistant and phone app.. or am I perhaps letting it try go down at 15% and not holding full throttle.. can be hardish landing.. annoys me because I had it all disabled..well so I thought.

happens both batteries at at exactly 15%

In the beginning i had it come in in time ( before the 15% mark ) and let it drain true hovering ( giving aprrox half stick up )
Now that i am used to do that it let it fly a bit more.
I did do that every 5 times ( drain it to 0% )
Or i use 2 car light-bulbs of 21W when @ home to drain them until the battery switches itself off.
The one that has the experience is DBS.

Moose said:
LMC said:
5.8G RC lost after go home. 2.4G still 100%.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaGKAkmkjYM[/youtube]

What type of" Data-Logger" are you using in the above photo?
Thanks,
Moose

H/W:Flytrex Core
S/W:Dashware

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues