FPVLR antennas + wifi booster app = 2.6 mile distance flight

Re: FPVLR antennas + wifi booster app = 2.6 mile distance fl

tizzl10 said:
ok, got the minispheres in the mail today. did a quick and dirty install which didnt allow me to properly aim the rear sphere downward.. flew 2.5 miles (12,622 ft) distance like that. hopefully I can figure out a way to mount it pointing down at a slight angle.

you can probably put some carton behind the top side so it angles down a few degrees.

Did you max out, or was just a test run?

mr_3_0_5 said:
tizzl10 said:
ok, got the minispheres in the mail today. did a quick and dirty install which didnt allow me to properly aim the rear sphere downward.. flew 2.5 miles (12,622 ft) distance like that. hopefully I can figure out a way to mount it pointing down at a slight angle.

you can probably put some carton behind the top side so it angles down a few degrees.

Did you max out, or was just a test run?

well, i flew 2 runs..flew until i lost wifi on both runs. will try to get that angle down soon.

here are the minispheres from FPVLR.. need to reorient the sphere to point downward at an angle..will work on that this weekend hopefully.

Attachments

• dis.PNG
    dis.PNG
    252 KB · Views: 492
  • b2.jpeg
    b2.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 466
  • b3.jpeg
    b3.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 528

looks good,
I imagine you'll need somewhere between 10 and 20 degrees downward pointing. Being the max gain perfectly in the middle, you have a lot to gain there when you point those at you.

mr_3_0_5 said:
looks good,
I imagine you'll need somewhere between 10 and 20 degrees downward pointing. Being the max gain perfectly in the middle, you have a lot to gain there when you point those at you.

any idea of what the beamwidth is of these minispheres?

I remember Tony saying 80 degrees, so that leaves you with only 40 degrees up and 40 degrees down. and same thing for left and right.

The thing is that gain will not be the same at 40 degrees off center compared to when it's dead on looking into your 8 turns helix.

The difference will be quite noticeable if you have it dead on or close to it.

mr_3_0_5 said:
looks good,

Actually, it shouldn't be anywhere close to 20 degrees unless I am missing something. Toss out some numbers.

With the aircraft at 500' elevation and 15,000 feet out that is only 2 degrees. I can only assume with the 1/2 spheres you are not shooting for anything less than 10,000 feet. Even at 10,000 feet its only 3 degrees.

Course if you are max pitch 30mph going out that needs to be considered too.

hi Tizzl,
one of our customers has gone 3.1 miles with stage4

time to start flying again :D

Tony.

kondorfpv said:
hi Tizzl,

Tony.

indeed..taking it with me to the Bahamas. :)

kondorfpv said:
hi Tizzl,

Tony.

hey Tony - that would be me! ;) I'll post a link on here shortly...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl