Opinion: Little spot on the p3a Camera lens

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I just noticed i have a little spot on the low left side of the lens of the p3a camera..
I already tried to clean it but appearently it is inside or not removable, like a fabric defect (definetly not a scratch).
I'd like to have your opinion about it, do you thik it could change pictures/movies quality? (Sometimes i had the impression that MY 1080p movies weren't as much HD AS other's people movies recorder with the same camera.
Should i cosider it a defect and ask dji for a warranty help?
Thank you a lot and sorry if the question is stupid or nonsense (i'm quiet a phantom newbie ☺️)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    604.2 KB · Views: 466
Its just part of the filter. It won't affect the Picture resolution except there might be a spot on every picture taken on the Camera.

Oh ok, thanks.
So in case i start to notice it in pictures, should i change the filter? Is it possible?
Is it something that shouldn't be thereC so covered by warranty?
Thanks for your answer

It screws off and your spot is probably on the inside. You can clean it with lens cleaner or just buy a new one for about 15 bucks. It is there to protect and keep clean the real lens.

If you don't see a spot of pictures I would not worry about it.
It is possible to change the filter, but can be tricky to get it off.
Phantom 3 Advanced camera filter install | DJI Phantom Forum

That is a good link, they are indeed on very tight, I discovered the trick is the only apply pressure lightly on the very outside edge in two spot and turn. Natural tendency is to grip the entire thing which makes it virtually impossible to take off. Once removed it is very easy to take on and off because it is no longer torqued so tight. Not sure why they torque that thing so tight at the factory.

Thanks for all your answers and suggestions, i'll try to remove the filter and see if i can clean it/remove the spot!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31