Has anyone opened/disassembled the Phantom 3 Standard (P3S) camera?

Reaction score
There is a speck of dust inside the camera of my P3S. I see that in the other models, you can unscrew the camera filter, but not on the P3S. Has anyone disassembled the Standard camera? Do I have a good chance of removing the speck of dust if I open the back, or is the lens a sealed unit?

Thanks in advance for your help.

M

Last edited:
Specks of dust inside the lens are not going to have any effect on your picture quality...don't even think about taking the camera apart!

Reactions: mexico
Specks of dust inside the lens are not going to have any effect on your picture quality...don't even think about taking the camera apart!

Thanks, Rockydog. I just find it rather distracting when it shows up as a dark blob on videos. I may give it a go if and when I'm ready to replace the camera. Maybe then I'll open the back and blow some compressed air or sumpthin'. :)

I'm surprised it shows up in your videos...anything that shows dark blobs is more likely to be on the sensor, rather than in the lens. Have a look at this article to see how little anything on the lens affects picture quality:

Dirty lens article

Reactions: mexico
I'm surprised it shows up in your videos...anything that shows dark blobs is more likely to be on the sensor, rather than in the lens. Have a look at this article to see how little anything on the lens affects picture quality:

Dirty lens article

That was pretty good! So, if the speck of dust is on the sensor, and if it becomes annoying enough, what is my best chance of getting rid of it? Opening the back and blowing some compressed air without dismounting the sensor board? I've seen disassemblies of the Advanced and Pro cameras, but none of the Standard.

Thanks, timmer. Is the inside of the Standard camera similar to the Advanced/Pro? I would hope so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair