Only 3 (of 4!) LEDs flash while charging.

Reaction score
Dear friends...
The radio control of my P3A only turns on 3 of the 4 LEDs when it is charging. The 4th LED does not light up at any time during charging, when the LEDs suddenly switch off, indicating that the charge is complete.

When I open the DJI Go app, it appears that the RC battery is only 70-75% ...

When I turn on the radio with the tablet or smartphone connected, the 4th LED will start blinking (he is not burned!), but soon goes out.

This is normal? If not, how to solve the problem?

Thanks everyone!

A few questions Fantomas, how old are the batteries? and how many charges so far? and how do you store them when not in use?

A few questions Fantomas, how old are the batteries? and how many charges so far? and how do you store them when not in use?

It’s the transmitter battery.

Dang! somehow I missed that....Sorry Fantomas, I managed to read past the RC part. How old is your transmitter?

Ehehehe.. That happens!...

The P3A was purchased on October 1, 2016. The batteries have less than 40 cycles ...

With about 40 cycles this is not the norm but there are many variables that may cause batteries to decay faster than others. This is one idea that worked for another pilot and I don't know if this will help you in this case. The person used up the battery till only one light left on. I have a P4 and my transmitter will not let me fly till one light, when the second light flashes and after the craft is landed GO will not let me take off again until a recharge. The guy, after the RC battery was drained recharged and it managed to get 4 lights (don't know if it lasted for many charges). No proof it works and I'm not sure it will work for you but worth a try. If the battery is shot it's not a dji serviceble part you can buy so you have to send the RC to dji for a fix or you retrofit a same type of battery. I would send it in and not take the chance it fails, RTH should bring your craft home but that's no fun. You should get other ideas from the forum. Hope it all works out for you.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Apparently, perfectly good batteries are doing this. Suggestions are that it's the RC main board. DJI validated this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4