Official P3 Range Leaderboard

Sounds good bro good luck to you too.

cf54e1a7009fd2b7374ea4bd542800fc.jpg

I've noticed that you edited about the last five out of 10 posts, and I don't mean for spelling checks.
I guess just be nice the first time around, we all respect you on here and you always share more than enough to make your flight believable[emoji41]

cf54e1a7009fd2b7374ea4bd542800fc.jpg

I've noticed that you edited about the last five out of 10 posts, and I don't mean for spelling checks.
I guess just be nice the first time around, we all respect you on here and you always share more than enough to make your flight believable[emoji41]
I did change it Mike.

holy crud i had an exciting day today! made it to 72k with modded cam and lost signal right as i was about to take my turn! The aircraft flew 2k more feet and landed. Met some nice rachers/farmers and ended up recovering the aircraft after some serious hunting. I'm gonna make a separate thread about it as theres more to the story i wanna share :)

here's a teaser, again i did NOT make it back it landed after disconnect and i had to go find it. Here's the HD link: Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Ug3bOEX.png

holy crud i had an exciting day today! made it to 72k with modded cam and lost signal right as i was about to take my turn! The aircraft flew 2k more feet and landed. Met some nice rachers/farmers and ended up recovering the aircraft after some serious hunting. I'm gonna make a separate thread about it as theres more to the story i wanna share :)

here's a teaser, again i did NOT make it back it landed after disconnect and i had to go find it. Here's the HD link: Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Ug3bOEX.png
I'm happy you got it back dig. Sounds like you got yourself a world beater P3.

Reactions: Digdat0
@JakeMaxxUAV
IMAG0334.jpg
Is there a Leader board for just the P3S ? Being the tech is completely different than the other P3's. I'm sure "Dirtybum" has that record.
Here's mine from today, a personal record for me. With a battery mod, antenna mod (DBS w/ 3 amps), birdside antenna mod as well. 7084 meters (23241 feet). Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones
5f99ad44-e515-4f74-aa9f-dcf277e599ad

Attachments

• IMAG0332.jpg
    IMAG0332.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 306
  • IMAG0268.jpg
    IMAG0268.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 318
Last edited:
Reactions: Lee SK and Digdat0
View attachment 79859 Is there a Leader board for just the P3S ? Being the tech is completely different than the other P3's. I'm sure "Dirtybum" has that record.
Here's mine from today, a personal record for me. With a battery mod, antenna mod (DBS w/ 3 amps), birdside antenna mod as well. 7084 meters (23241 feet). Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

wow! 23,241 in a standard is awesome man! I think jake has all p3's grouped together, but it would make sense to breakout the standard since it has no lightbridge.

wow! 23,241 in a standard is awesome man! I think jake has all p3's grouped together, but it would make sense to breakout the standard since it has no lightbridge.
Thanks, I was in shock myself today. Used Litchi, as the Go app (3.1.4 and 3.1.5) have issues with losing signal. I'm going back to version 3.1.3 later today, that seemed better. Do you guys require the Go app to be official on this leader board? For the Standard using an Android device, ain't easy.

i dont know, i think im lucky it didnt RTH .. . I was paranoid because it did lose signal at 65k and all tests in the simulator show 65535 is the magic number for autoland. Rather than hit RTH, I held up on the left stick and down on the right (increase elevation and go backwards toward home) .. no connection till 52k, and when it did get connection, i was still going backwards, connection came back, RTH kicked in and it turned around and started coming back. I dont know how to explain it. I'll grab vid for you guys to see, but autoland didn't kick in luckily.

Not to start the whole hacking thread here but there are a lot of references to 65535 in the unencrypted FW most mean nothing to me but there is one with a default value of 65540

"index" : 424,
"typeID" : 2,
"size" : 4,
"attribute" : 11,
"minValue" : 0,
"maxValue" : 4294967295,
"defaultValue" : 65540,
"name" : "g_config.api_entry_cfg.api_authority_group[0]_0",
"modify" : true

Attachments

• 65535.PNG
    65535.PNG
    30.2 KB · Views: 273

Ug3bOEX.png

Dig your awesome! 6600 and 5200 I presume?

Ug3bOEX.png

Does this mean you confirmed autoland at a set distance then? I am very curious to know. I would hope DJi did not do that, I mean if so what a huge buzzkill.

Dig your awesome! 6600 and 5200 I presume?
yeah those were the batteries. wind was really good!

Does this mean you confirmed autoland at a set distance then? I am very curious to know. I would hope DJi did not do that, I mean if so what a huge buzzkill.
yes. im pretty sure its after 65500 feet. Mind definitely autolanded per logs.

yeah those were the batteries. wind was really good!

yes. im pretty sure its after 65500 feet. Mind definitely autolanded per logs.
Than how did Pablo do over 70,000 ?
And in one of your one-way flights you got to 72,000. Is this done with a FW mod/ hack?

Last edited:
Than how did Pablo do over 70,000 ?
And in one of your one-way flights you got to 72,000. Is this done with a FW mod/ hack?

To clarify, if you go that far, autolanding does not occur just by being that far out. Autolanding only happens when you lose signal and RTH kicks in, or you manually invoke RTH after you've passed 65500 feet. In Pablo's case, he had better signal than I did and never lost connection, so he was able to make his turn and fly back okay. Mine, i lost signal and rth kicked in, which (at that distance) doesn't actually fly back but does auto landing. I remember watching a flight Pablo streamed on FB where he was like 75k out and he had good signal, hit his distance and then pressed RTH to come back and it tried to auotland on him .. he had to cancel RTH and fly back manually.

No hack required, just big antennas, big batteries .. and either being really ballsy, or kinda dumb :)

To clarify, if you go that far, autolanding does not occur just by being that far out. Autolanding only happens when you lose signal and RTH kicks in, or you manually invoke RTH after you've passed 65500 feet. In Pablo's case, he had better signal than I did and never lost connection, so he was able to make his turn and fly back okay. Mine, i lost signal and rth kicked in, which (at that distance) doesn't actually fly back but does auto landing. I remember watching a flight Pablo streamed on FB where he was like 75k out and he had good signal, hit his distance and then pressed RTH to come back and it tried to auotland on him .. he had to cancel RTH and fly back manually.

No hack required, just big antennas, big batteries .. and either being really ballsy, or kinda dumb :)
Got it, thanks. It must be very nerve-racking once you pass that magic number. You guys in the top-tier might want to look into a little FW hack. Obviously a GPS tracker would come in handy in this case, but the odds of losing your prized possession because of a forced auto-landing.

Got it, thanks. It must be very nerve-racking once you pass that magic number. You guys in the top-tier might want to look into a little FW hack. Obviously a GPS tracker would come in handy in this case, but the odds of losing your prized possession because of a forced auto-landing.
i just got my new gimabl ribbon, so i can fix my 2nd cam with this sole intention of putting 1.7 on there to see if i can get rid of autoland :) it may not be easy to test though ... not sure if simulator will work or not, but worth trying!

Guys!

I am tired much the Signal Lost! from My Phantom & RC is old version USA?
I ready builded my Phantom 3 with Antenna mod, RC with Antenna mod.

My channel videos 3rd to 11th long range check see: My Phantom 3 Pro UK - YouTube
What think this videos for long range some my phantom is stupid by Signal Lost/ No Signal? My RC Antenna mod can't though hill, path, wifi or spot?
And use to Hack for Drone will never say signal Lost?

Guys!

I am tired much the Signal Lost! from My Phantom & RC is old version USA?
I ready builded my Phantom 3 with Antenna mod, RC with Antenna mod.

My channel videos 3rd to 11th long range check see: My Phantom 3 Pro UK - YouTube
What think this videos for long range some my phantom is stupid by Signal Lost/ No Signal? My RC Antenna mod can't though hill, path, wifi or spot?
And use to Hack for Drone will never say signal Lost?

how are you orienting the leg antenna mods? When you turned, you got signal back pretty good ..

upload_2017-4-6_16-22-1.png

Maybe its orientation? See dirtybums posts on that antenna mod thread, he changed the orientation a bit and i think it helped.

also, same location what distance do you get boosted? i see this was unboosted.

Reactions: Gh0stxSinghx

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z