Official P3 Range Leaderboard

I didn't remember anything in the beginning mentioned about flytrex or it having anything to do with this thread started. When I see the beginning I see a lot of advertising links to Jake's webs and this thread more likely had to do with antennas and nothing to do with flytrex. Unless I missed it! We are all still welcome to compete on flytrex

I didn't remember anything in the beginning mentioned about flytrex or it having anything to do with this thread started. When I see the beginning I see a lot of advertising links to Jake's webs and this thread more likely had to do with antennas and nothing to do with flytrex. Unless I missed it! We are all still welcome to compete on flytrex
Hey DB, when it comes to the leader board you guys don't care if it was over water or not?

Reactions: Digdat0
I guess I don't really get not sharing? As someone stated there's nothing to gain here from being #1 other than bragging rights and the admiration of others.

There are so many other variables and what I would call "flight skill" factors that are taken into account for these long haul flights. Wind judgment, altitude judgment, climate, throttle application etc. All that takes some skill and experience. I wouldn't hesitate sharing my setup if I was #1 or #200 for that matter because honestly I want other people to compete as well and bring insight from their experiences with similar setups.

Hey DB, when it comes to the leader board you guys don't care if it was over water or not?

Hey if you're brave enough to fly over the water and I have a emergency landing zone, that's your choice, flying over the water has given some people amazing signals.

You could post pics of the a/c and "share" what bat you supposedly used, but it would be hard to take serious at this point. At this point you have to imagine that this guy just isn't interested in sharing with this group or maybe with anyone on other online groups he's posting to. And that's his right. I'm kinda surprised Unknown that you are sticking your neck out for him on here when he doesn't care to. Maybe you two are buddies and that's cool, but you are one of the biggest supporters of keeping the cam flights real and you didnt bother posting the question on if his cam was modified. (Unless I missed it)And you've asked for HD reports from a few of us not that far back, but not a link from this amazing flight. (Unless I missed it)
Hope you have our backs too when people ? our flights
emoji41.png

You got to admit those screenshots are a lot of toying. My two cents take it or leave it
This isn't my flight I am not wasting anymore energy. The fights real I don't have to defend it. Pablo can answer any question you have if he wants to. I guess that's up to him.

Last edited:
Nice flight Pablo. I don't expect him to divulge any of his secrets. I know in the past I was reluctant to divulge my hard work. You guys can't hate on him for not wanting to share. I think as long as it is a camera flight and has a video or screen shot along with HD then it can be assumed to be valid. Now if someone wants to go out there and falsify a flight or doctor up a log file then more power to them and I hope they can live with themselves and enjoy the limelight and the overflowing waves of ***** that comes with being the farthest drone flyer. All kidding aside, this is a hobby for all of us and nothing more. If you take it too seriously or cheat, the fun is gone. With that said, Pablo enjoy the ***** while it lasts.

Nice day today, decided to take a modded camera out, stock props and two bats in a Multistar 6600lihv and a Multistar 5200 lihv (both wrapped like baked potatoes). Made it to 65,915 ft, per HD, when i lost signal and it returned to home. I got signal back at 52k, stressful 5 mins!. Landed 15%, total flight time of 45m 28s. Some pics below for you guys. Most of the flight was about 350 feet, i increased elevation at the end to get signal back.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

GVVFUrK.jpg

kfZgoPk.jpg

5IQm41C.jpg

xjhEu2j.png

IVW853Q.png

I think it is fair to assume that Pablos flight was with modded camera since SD card is not available.

Not only is it fair to assume that, looking at digs flight from this morning, all those numbers would show that he is found Pablo's exact set up. The numbers match up almost perfectly.

So I'm wondering is this going to be the norm now, to keep up we're all going to have to modify our cameras and nobody's going to be using stock gimbals?

I think for comparison sake it might be nice to have that information on the leaderboard, for those that don't modify their camera, they can still have something to look forward to beating. I'm not at all saying there should be separate sections and separate first place spots, but when these numbers get so big that people stop wanting to take part, that's when this thread dies and for many of us this is one of our favorite threads.

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
I'm also all for putting it to a vote amongst people on this thread, at least while it's a free service, I think an HD link(not screenshot), with it privatized of your personal information if you wish, should be required for your flight to get posted! it's a very accurate link for everyone to get a lot of the information they're already going to ask you when you post a flight. I'll start my vote,
+1

Nice flight Dig!

So we can rule out that RTH autoland happens at 65,000?
i dont know, i think im lucky it didnt RTH .. . I was paranoid because it did lose signal at 65k and all tests in the simulator show 65535 is the magic number for autoland. Rather than hit RTH, I held up on the left stick and down on the right (increase elevation and go backwards toward home) .. no connection till 52k, and when it did get connection, i was still going backwards, connection came back, RTH kicked in and it turned around and started coming back. I dont know how to explain it. I'll grab vid for you guys to see, but autoland didn't kick in luckily.

I'm also all for putting it to a vote amongst people on this thread, at least while it's a free service, I think an HD link(not screenshot), with it privatized of your personal information if you wish, should be required for your flight to get posted! it's a very accurate link for everyone to get a lot of the information they're already going to ask you when you post a flight. I'll start my vote,
+1
I vote no leave it the way it's always been.

This is what it did at 65k and then no signal until 52k. Again, i was holding up on the left stick and down on the right (go up in elevation and backwards to me) to get signal back. It kinda looks like RTH was going when signal came back though. I dunno ..

Nice day today, decided to take a modded camera out, stock props and two bats in a Multistar 6600lihv and a Multistar 5200 lihv (both wrapped like baked potatoes). Made it to 65,915 ft, per HD, when i lost signal and it returned to home. I got signal back at 52k, stressful 5 mins!. Landed 15%, total flight time of 45m 28s. Some pics below for you guys. Most of the flight was about 350 feet, i increased elevation at the end to get signal back.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

GVVFUrK.jpg

kfZgoPk.jpg

5IQm41C.jpg

xjhEu2j.png

IVW853Q.png
Great flight Dig! 45min is awesome!...

If your up for an idea my opinion is to block off the vents going to the main battery to stop the cool air from getting in and keep the bat a little warmer...I'm sure you've done this before in freezing temps but maybe not a bad idea even when its warm out...Your battery temp in the link shows your battery to be a little cool....Cool battery = higher IR = less efficient.. I plan on doing this and testing the toe warmers things on the externals when it gets a little warmer out, no joke. I've only been testing this in freezing temps of which i had good results but the plan is to test when it gets little warmer out...Ive got constant results showing the lipos IR drops significantly when the battery is warmed so the plan is to heat those bastards up!....who knows maybe I/we get an extra 2 min or maybe it bursts into a ball of flames! :eek: but this is why we test right? Either way ill let you know how it goes for me when i finally get out to fly...

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
+1
+1 for me...I don't see a reason any would be against posting it..

i dont know, i think im lucky it didnt RTH .. . I was paranoid because it did lose signal at 65k and all tests in the simulator show 65535 is the magic number for autoland. Rather than hit RTH, I held up on the left stick and down on the right (increase elevation and go backwards toward home) .. no connection till 52k, and when it did get connection, i was still going backwards, connection came back, RTH kicked in and it turned around and started coming back. I dont know how to explain it. I'll grab vid for you guys to see, but autoland didn't kick in luckily.

This is strange. Is there RTH logged @ 65k? Also I guess you are aware that 65535 is not some random number. Which makes is even more strange since I was always under impression that primarily DJI uses metric scale (remember RTH altitude?) so significance of distance in feet hex ffff (bin 11111111111111111) is beyond me.

Great flight Dig! 45min is awesome!...

thanks chazz! I had the vents taped off actually, so that temp drop wasnt too bad .. but i hear ya man, the warmer the better. I think the potato wrap helps too, the toe warmers are a good idea ... but more weight. I wondered if taping off the motor vents would help as well, generate some heat inside to warm the battery. My motors are always cold on return, so not worried about overheating. My routine is to transport the batteries in a small box with the truck heater blowing on them till i get there, i go setup and then when all ready i come back and grab the batteries. I even have a dedicated battery for warming up the imu. Us cold weather fliers gotta do whatever we can!

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost