Official P3 Range Leaderboard

This is strange. Is there RTH logged @ 65k? Also I guess you are aware that 65535 is not some random number. Which makes is even more strange since I was always under impression that primarily DJI uses metric scale (remember RTH altitude?) so significance of distance in feet hex ffff (bin 11111111111111111) is beyond me.
im gonna grab the log from the aircraft and analyze, it is weird. Will keep ya guys posted, hoping the flight log shows more data than the tablet log, which doesnt have some data because signal loss. And, some of us distance guys noticed that after 70k ft, RTH or lost signal RTH results in an autoland. I did some testing in the simulator and found that 65500 was the number, after which, if RTH kicks in it autolands (i correct myself on the 65535 number, its 65500, which i figured the engineering picked as "meh close enuf to 20k metres".

When this leaderboard was created, parity and openness were encouraged. That's why it always required a camera flight and when people tried to post non-camera flights, they were not allowed as it was not equal (and rightfully so). When i hit 60k with a modded camera to take the record, I posted to the community here with pics of my creation and asked you guys to pick if this was kosher or not. The community (and almighty Jake) said yes, so I think modded camera flights are okay. BUT, i feel we need to be open if there is a modded camera the same as we are with antennas not being stock. Removing the gimbal takes off at least 130g of weight, that's a lot of weight to drop and not call it out. If we aren't allowing non-camera flights, we need to be open if our flights are using modded cameras.

I believe we should require the following for posting on this leader board:

1. AirData (HealthyDrones) link
2. Screenshots of the distance from DJI Go
3. Antenna (same as before)
4. If the camera was stock or not

This isn't just validation of the flight, its helping the community learn. I don't mind if people wanna keep secret how they modded their camera, or what batteries they ran. But, this is a community and we all learn from others. If we aren't open about this, are we really here for community or just bragging?

When this leaderboard was created, parity and openness were encouraged. That's why it always required a camera flight and when people tried to post non-camera flights, they were not allowed as it was not equal (and rightfully so). When i hit 60k with a modded camera to take the record, I posted to the community here with pics of my creation and asked you guys to pick if this was kosher or not. The community (and almighty Jake) said yes, so I think modded camera flights are okay. BUT, i feel we need to be open if there is a modded camera the same as we are with antennas not being stock. Removing the gimbal takes off at least 130g of weight, that's a lot of weight to drop and not call it out. If we aren't allowing non-camera flights, we need to be open if our flights are using modded cameras.

I believe we should require the following for posting on this leader board:

1. AirData (HealthyDrones) link
2. Screenshots of the distance from DJI Go
3. Antenna (same as before)
4. If the camera was stock or not

This isn't just validation of the flight, its helping the community learn. I don't mind if people wanna keep secret how they modded their camera, or what batteries they ran. But, this is a community and we all learn from others. If we aren't open about this, are we really here for community or just bragging?
I had somebody break my multirotor world record the other day and all they posted was a screenshot with a smart-*** comment. I'm talking no other data than that. If someone would have posted that on this leaderboard you guys would have lynched him. I tell you what though it was sweet when I beat that guy 2 days later.

Reactions: lolo780
Honestly bro if you alienate the people that don't want to share then you don't get an accurate leaderboard. You get a leaderboard of cool people that look out for each other but there might be an a selfish person amongst you has a further flight that doesn't want to share they're battery mod. Honestly I'd let that guy post because it would be sweeter when you took them down.

How is asking for a HD link, a screen shot of DJI log, the antenna and whether it was a modded cam or not, alienate a member of the community? I don't care about battery, i concede that is an experienced learning which we can chose to share or not (i chose to share, just like you have in the past cause its funner). I think these are fair asks, I don't see why you don't. Its what you asked me for when i posted my 60k flight.

How is asking for a HD link, a screen shot of DJI log, the antenna and whether it was a modded cam or not, alienate a member of the community? I don't care about battery, i concede that is an experienced learning which we can chose to share or not (i chose to share, just like you have in the past cause its funner). I think these are fair asks, I don't see why you don't. Its what you asked me for when i posted my 60k flight.
I think screenshot , and DJI data is enough proof. It's the way it was in the begining. We have never caught a single person cheating yet. If you want to post a healthy drones log is your decision. I like looking at them I post mine on every flight. I don't think it needs to be mandatory though. type of antenna , and whether you have a battery mod or not. That's the original rules I think they've worked fine up till Pablo posted a 70000 foot flight.

Last edited:
I think a screenshot , and DJI data is enough proof. It's the way it was in the begining. We have never caught a single person cheating yet. If you want to post a healthy drones log is your decision. I like looking at them I post mine on every flight. I don't think it needs to be mandatory though

Things change! They always change and they have actually changed a few times during this long thread! There are people that have been part of this thread constantly sharing flights, mods bat combos and make it fun and most importantly, keep it alive, then there are those that only pop up to post their most recent 1st place flight and don't really show up on any other thread to post or share ideas (it's real easy to go and see who's who) the first group is who this thread represents the rest are just here to brag. I think at this new level of distance things change!
I will always think that flights fishy if you have the ability to screenshot multiple pieces of the HD report but refuse to offer the link when so many of your peers have asked and you are welcome to feel the same about my flights if I act the same.

Go back and see how many times you, unknown, have asked to see all of our HD links in this thread and p4's, how come you never asked Pablo?

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Things change! They always change and they have actually changed a few times during this long thread! There are people that have been part of this thread constantly sharing flights, mods bat combos and make it fun and most importantly, keep it alive, then there are those that only pop up to post their most recent 1st place flight and don't really show up on any other thread to post or share ideas (it's real easy to go and see who's who) the first group is who this thread represents the rest are just here to brag. I think at this new level of distance things change!
I will always think that flights fishy if you have the ability to screenshot multiple pieces of the HD report but refuse to offer the link when so many of your peers have asked and you are welcome to feel the same about my flights if I act the same.

Go back and see how many times you, unknown, have asked to see all of our HD links in this thread and p4's, how come you never asked Pablo?
Pablo sent me his healthy drones log in a direct message on Facebook.

b830303a0027695ebc911c2bf8b74737.jpg

Slow down Unknown, I'm not accusing you of cheating and I haven't seen anyone. I did say I think it's fishy to post screenshots of diff parts of HD report when simply asked for a link. You have always offered links when asked.

I think screenshot , and DJI data is enough proof. It's the way it was in the begining. We have never caught a single person cheating yet. If you want to post a healthy drones log is your decision. I like looking at them I post mine on every flight. I don't think it needs to be mandatory though. type of antenna , and whether you have a battery mod or not. That's the original rules I think they've worked fine up till Pablo posted a 70000 foot flight.

whats your stance on sharing if the camera was stock or modified?

Slow down Unknown, I'm not accusing you of cheating and I haven't seen anyone. I did say I think it's fishy to post screenshots of diff parts of HD report when simply asked for a link. You have always offered links when asked.
you did accuse me of cheating in a direct message back in February. You had a problem with my screen shot on my Phantom 4 flight you kind of beat around the bush a little bit but I read through the lines. I believe you worded it something like this why doesn't the distance from transmitter come up in this screenshot when it has always come up before on all your other screenshots as well as mine you remember that?

Last edited:

Look Mike I don't care anymore I bought a P3 so I could play with you guys on Phantom Pilots I thought it would be fun mixing it up with you guys again. I don't think that's a good idea anymore I'm just going to stay on Facebook. You guys have fun though.

you did accuse me of cheating in a direct message back in February. You had a problem with my screen shot on my Phantom 4 flight you kind of beat around the bush a little bit but I read through the lines. I believe you worded it something like this why doesn't the distance from transmitter come up in this screenshot when it has always come up before on all your other screenshots as well as mine you remember that?

First off I never accused you of cheating, not even close!! You have my full permission to post that private convo hear on this thread if your gonna slander me on yer way out the door.
Not cool! I asked you a simple question and the fact that you "read through the lines" was not at all me accusing you of anything. You just blew up over it for no reason! If you can't find the convo I prob can. What has happened that's made you so defensive? We all like you over here! If you want to go back to fb exclusively that's your right, but in my mind we was still cool, had other private convos after the one yer talking about that led me to think that. You can go ahead and apologize for thowing under the bus now

Unknown I hope you stay, really. We can let MaxxUAV decide yay or nay on Pablo's flight although I suspect he may not be keeping track anymore? Either way these are just toys. I say everyone be upfront about the main mods in general terms if they don't care to divulge. Like, RC antenna boosted, battery mod, camera mod etc.

Reactions: Digdat0
Unknown I hope you stay, really. We can let MaxxUAV decide yay or nay on Pablo's flight although I suspect he may not be keeping track anymore? Either way these are just toys. I say everyone be upfront about the main mods in general terms if they don't care to divulge. Like, RC antenna boosted, battery mod, camera mod etc.
Look at post #1, he (MaxxUAV) is on top of it. Updated with Pablo name.

First off I never accused you of cheating, not even close!! You have my full permission to post that private convo hear on this thread if your gonna slander me on yer way out the door.
Not cool! I asked you a simple question and the fact that you "read through the lines" was not at all me accusing you of anything. You just blew up over it for no reason! If you can't find the convo I prob can. What has happened that's made you so defensive? We all like you over here! If you want to go back to fb exclusively that's your right, but in my mind we was still cool, had other private convos after the one yer talking about that led me to think that. You can go ahead and apologize for thowing under the bus now
You're right all the s*** went way too far last night. I shouldn't have brought up the fact that I think you think I cheated on the P4 leaderboard. All right guys you all have fun.

You're right all the s*** went way too far last night. I shouldn't have brought up the fact that I think you think I cheated on the P4 leaderboard. All right guys you all have fun.

I don't think you cheated!!! Ever!
I never said anything to you to imply that in public or private.
You did take this whole big flight thing too personal, it had nothing to do with you.
I hate to see you not part of this group because we all love ya here, but honestly if you look back in this very thread far enough you can find another time where you threw a little fit over next to nothing and said yer leaving & and didn't show up for months. So I can only hope after yer cool off period you find yer way back. Happy and long flights to ya!

I don't think you cheated!!! Ever!
I never said anything to you to imply that in public or private.
You did take this whole big flight thing too personal, it had nothing to do with you.
I hate to see you not part of this group because we all love ya here, but honestly if you look back in this very thread far enough you can find another time where you threw a little fit over next to nothing and said yer leaving & and didn't show up for months. So I can only hope after yer cool off period you find yer way back. Happy and long flights to ya!
You know what Mike I'm just going to go ahead and apologize. S*** got sideways last night I turn myself into a dart board sticking up for my friend. Flying long-distance is fun. Arguing with people about it isn't. Can we please just hit the reset button?

Last edited:
You know what Mike I'm just going to go ahead and apologize. S*** got sideways last night I turn myself into a dart board sticking up for my friend. Flying long-distance is fun. Arguing with people about it isn't. Can we please just hit the reset button?

Accepted!

If I'm lucky enough to have conversations with you in the future I'll be sure to choose my words more carefully so you do not have to read between the lines.
Good luck on your flights!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT