Nvidia Shield K1 (2nd edition)

2nd Edition (late 2016) Nvidia Shield K1 tablet, Do you experience lag and/or pixelation?

• A lot of lag

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Moderate lag

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some but doesn't bother me

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No lag

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Made adjustments, then no lag.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NRJ

Reaction score
The Nvidia Shield K1 has been touted on this forum as one of the greatest tablets for the DJI Phantom drones or most Remote Controllers that can handle an Android tablet. However, Nvidia ran out of stock completely the world over as far as I can tell from this forum. I couldn't buy one anywhere. Nvidia made some more and made also some changes like removing the stylus and who knows what else. I bought one and have continual lag and pixelation on the screen using DJI GO and Litchi. Please let me know your experience with lag with the 2nd edition. Thank you.

The Nvidia Shield K1 is a great device. Here are some of the places where you can purchase one:

I bought one 3 or so weeks ago on amazon, I've had zero issues with pixelation, lag, or anything really. I only use litchi on it but had dji go on it for couple days and both run fine on it. Only thing I noticed is if it's a little cold outside abd my fingers are cold it has a hard time registering my finger taps on the screen, I had an old stylus from an old phone lying around (like you mentioned it doesn't come with a stylus) and use that in the cold and it picks up screen taps fine it just doesn't like cold fingers lol

Sent from my SM-S320VL using PhantomPilots mobile app

I bought one 3 or so weeks ago on amazon, I've had zero issues with pixelation, lag, or anything really. I only use litchi on it but had dji go on it for couple days and both run fine on it. Only thing I noticed is if it's a little cold outside abd my fingers are cold it has a hard time registering my finger taps on the screen, I had an old stylus from an old phone lying around (like you mentioned it doesn't come with a stylus) and use that in the cold and it picks up screen taps fine it just doesn't like cold fingers lol

Sent from my SM-S320VL using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for you input. There have been a lot of people who have had bad experiences and I am trying to see if it is a lot of people or just me. This will help me understand my grief with this heavily bragged about product as noted by msinger above. There are many posts about this tablet, mostly good, but since the 2nd edition, there have been issues. Thanks again.

The screen isn't the brightest and mine has compass issues.
Despite these things I think it's great.
Bulletproof and never misses a beat.
It works perfectly every time without hassles.

The screen isn't the brightest and mine has compass issues.
Despite these things I think it's great.
Bulletproof and never misses a beat.
It works perfectly every time without hassles.

I had compass issues with my new P3P for awhile but replaced the compass on the bird, calibrated and then it was okay. I occasionally get transmission image errors. Thanks for your help.

I had compass issues with my new P3P for awhile but replaced the compass on the bird, calibrated and then it was okay. I occasionally get transmission image errors. Thanks for your help.
I meant the compass in the Nvidia Shield - completely unrelated to the Phantom's compass which has always been perfect.
Many Nvidia Shield users nowdays have no compass worries.

I meant the compass in the Nvidia Shield - completely unrelated to the Phantom's compass which has always been perfect.
Many Nvidia Shield users nowdays have no compass worries.

Got it. Thanks.

My shield has been fine since Dec 2015 with my p3pro, bought at same time

EXCEPT
when they did the 1.8 update for the RC

that messed up my video stream bad.
reverted to 1.6 and all back to good!

My shield has been fine since Dec 2015 with my p3pro, bought at same time

EXCEPT
when they did the 1.8 update for the RC

that messed up my video stream bad.
reverted to 1.6 and all back to good!

Thats interesting to learn. Thanks.

@msinger I have one on order from Best Buy. What do you recommend for a sunshade for the Shield K1 on a Phantom controller?

I don't use a sun shade on mine. Check out these search results to see some of the shades other Shield owners are using.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic