Not my drone

I'm confused what they sent me. chated with dji service about getting DJI care with my new drone he asked for serial number I gave it to him he said that's not the serial number sent them a picture of serial#he said DJI would be in contact with me within 24 hours and I've heard nothing back so I'm guessing whatever they sent me they don't want to cover even though when I first hooked the drone up a screen message came up saying I have 48 hours to get DJI care with my new drone

Received my drone from DJI repair last night Opened it up today and much to my surprise it’s not my drone Got to be honest with you my heart sunk first thing I noticed was my registration is gone My phantom for pro had a little over two hours on it I don’t know if this one is new or refurbished Has this happened to anyone else Else what should I do
I sent my phantom 4 for repair of a crack on one of the arms, with it I sent a note telling them that the drone was registered having a N number. I asked them to send it back without repair if they couldn't fix it while leaving the old serial number. But they didn't care and sent back a refurb. I ended up going to the police to report a stolen aircraft. The police would not report the aircraft stolen, although they did give me a report saying I reported it had been taken by DJI, this way if anyone flew it with my registration and my N number came up in a violation I could still proof It was not me.
DJI doesn't care. In the end they did give me a free battery and some props for the refurb, which has flown well and been a good drone. This time I did the online registration, so I lost my N number and now can't do business outside of the United States with that drone.

Sorry to hear of your troubles unfortunately for a lot of us it's lesson learned but you got to love there products they can't be beat

Reactions: DeeDeeFox
Something like bringing your car to the garage for repairs and they decide to give you another car instead of repairing it
I think of it as buying a 40,000 Dollar Car, bringing it into the shop after 6 months for an oil change. And they give you a refurbished car instead. Good luck trying to sell it as an original. I absolutely despise DJI for that. Happened to me with my Phantom 3 Std. when it was brand new. Props were squealing. Contacted DJI and they suggested that I send it in for repairs. It was covered under their warranty because it was only a month old. After two months of chasing them down .. I got it back. Ddidn't fly like my new one, didn't look new and yes I too was really mad. I ended up giving it away. Yup, that's how ticked off I was. I own a bunch of drones now but would never ever send one into DJI. I have insurance on them. Instead of a repair I'll get a new drone. Love DJI products, but I hate their bait and switch policy.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT