Not my drone

Jrenfrew,
In your initial message you mentioned the registration being lost. Are you talking about FAA registration? That causes me to wonder about the "N" number assigned by the FAA for my P4P+. How would the "N" number be transferred to a different serial number aircraft? Anyone know?

Jrenfrew,
In your initial message you mentioned the registration being lost. Are you talking about FAA registration? That causes me to wonder about the "N" number assigned by the FAA for my P4P+. How would the "N" number be transferred to a different serial number aircraft? Anyone know?
Is your P4P+ registered as commercial under Part 107?

Yes and without that I'm not legally supposed to fly
If you are only flying in your yard, you are flying as a recreational pilot and you can put your FAA registration on any UAS you fly recreationally. It is not paired with the aircraft serial number.

Well that's good to know cuz it's going to be 62 here in nh today going to take first flight today. so now I just need a new registration sticker

Is your P4P+ registered as commercial under Part 107?
Well, if you're asking JWoelfel, I don't know as it's registered either way. The FAA Registration simply has the "N" number as well as the serial number on the certificate. The application that I sent in to get the registration didn't ask "Recreational" or "Commercial", it simply had an option of "Individual" which is what I selected. I am Part 107 Certified, but that doesn't connect to this P4P+ registration either. So, I guess I still don't know how to transfer the "N" number registration to another serial number, should that ever be necessary.

I'm not using the P4P+ (N885FW) for commercial yet, but likely will sometime. I just wonder how much of a hassle it'll be to deal with the FAA if I want to keep this "N" number in the case I have a different P4P+ or even another model. Guess I'll cross that bridge when (if) I get there. Thanks for the response!

It shouldn't be a surprise, their service conditions state:
Maintenance of defective products is limited to repair or replacement at DJI’s discretion.

It's no big deal.
This is the way they work and many users have had no worries with it.
Perhaps you should wait until you have something real to complain about.
That's very rude bro

You sound like you got a pocket full of money might even live home with Mom and Dad I'm old and live off of social security check and this drone cost me more than what I get for a check so to me it is a big deal

What does it really matter if the drone works and is 100% refurbished? Just trying to understand your concern.
I can relate to his concern. I crashed my first drone (not a DJI) and sent it in for repairs. My drone had lots of scratches and cracks from previous mishaps and the gimbal was a little cockeyed but these were my only way of recognizing my drone in case it was lost or stolen. Imagine my dismay when a perfect, brand new drone was sent back to me!! So I went out and flew it into a brick wall a couple times and now I'm OK with it. Stay vigilant and don't let these companies try to pull a fast one by trying to replace your old beat up baby with a new shiny one.

Reactions: mdowney58 and Meta4
I came to this site looking for help and understanding something. not for your opinionsI guess I made a mistake
No you done right thing posting,this is public forum and open for all comments ,,yip agree your angry cause it still dont seem right how they do this,,,did you email their head office,nothing will probably happen but it in some points is still wrong how they exchange unless its wrecked,,its always good to get a new drone replacement instead of repair and I think they should have at least contact you about this instead a surprise drone ,,top $$$$ for these things and it dont seem right just to change at their discretion, if all drone stores do this they be all out of business, it stumps me too,,its good for some but like most they think it's easy to give you another drone instead of looking at yours,,hang in there keep the new drone updates coming and pictures and vids,,,take care

Well, if you're asking JWoelfel, I don't know as it's registered either way. The FAA Registration simply has the "N" number as well as the serial number on the certificate. The application that I sent in to get the registration didn't ask "Recreational" or "Commercial", it simply had an option of "Individual" which is what I selected. I am Part 107 Certified, but that doesn't connect to this P4P+ registration either. So, I guess I still don't know how to transfer the "N" number registration to another serial number, should that ever be necessary.
Yes, I was asking you. When you registered your drone with the FAA did you use the FAA DroneZone website or through Oklahoma City mail in site?

If you registered through the DroneZone, just login to your account and change the serial number for the drone you wish to have registered.

If it was registered under the old mail-in system you have to contact the OKC center. I saw that in a recent post, but it may have been on one of the other forums.

Received my drone from DJI repair last night Opened it up today and much to my surprise it’s not my drone Got to be honest with you my heart sunk first thing I noticed was my registration is gone My phantom for pro had a little over two hours on it I don’t know if this one is new or refurbished Has this happened to anyone else Else what should I do
This is what they do. I have read that refurbished will have an R in the serial number. And if not, then they sent you a new drone.

All seems to be good put it in the air today and it ran flawlessly even found a sticker for my old registration so I guess there is a little light at the end of this tunnel thanks
Hope things work out for the best. Sounds as if the new aircraft is working fine.

Many prosumer electronics products have the same type of warranty policy of getting new or refurbished product. This is a way for them to decrease turn around time in the repair/replacement pipeline for support services. Cameras, printers, computers, etc. all have similar warranty policies.

I'm not using the P4P+ (N885FW) for commercial yet, but likely will sometime. I just wonder how much of a hassle it'll be to deal with the FAA if I want to keep this "N" number in the case I have a different P4P+ or even another model. Guess I'll cross that bridge when (if) I get there. Thanks for the response!

I suspect you can keep your N number just like with manned aircraft.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20